cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC connections in SRM 7.0 <=> ERP EHP4 system setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In SRM 7.0 there is a lot being said about the combination with an ERP EHP4 system. I thought that certain capabilities of SRM <> ERP EHP4 in the area of RFC are not supported anymore. SAP is forcing XI/PI for this.

When we migrate our R/3 system to EHP4 will we still be able to use the following RFC / iDOC communications?:

- Purchase Request (R/3 > SRM)

- Purchase Order (ECS, SRM > R/3)

- Invoicing (SRM > R/3)

- Confirmations (SRM <> R/3)

Anybody has any experience with an EHP4 back-end system? Are there already any plusses for SRM?

Kind regards,

Tim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

richard_howard
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Agreed. If SRM 7.0 was an add-on to the ERP system and all of the functionality was in one system, I can see how Ehp4 would be a necessity but if I'm doing all of the connectivity through PI, why is EHP4 so significant in the ERP system?

Would appreciate clarification on this. Going to Ehp4 is no small task so I'd like to understand just what it offers and why it is required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rchard,

SAP promised to release RFC functionalities instead of the current PI obligation for certain new functionality only available on SRM i.c.w. ERP EHP4 with the release of SRM EHP1.

But what i'm asking is: with an SRM 7.0 (without EHP1, isn't available yet..) can we still utilize RFC for document exchange with R/3 (f.e. Purchase Orders) or does ERP EHP4 require PI?

Kind regards,

Tim

dmp-dmagi_cml
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have the same scenario, SRM 7 with PPS connected to R/3 EhP4 and we do not have XI / PI.

I think the only reason for us to have Ehp4 is because of PPS scenario.

BR

AN

Answers (0)