cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universe based on two SQL server databases

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

As I am pretty new to BO I will need your advice.

Is it possible to create a universe based on two SQL server databases - one holding current data and one holding archived data?

The idea is to create an universe to hold all the data for reporting purposes. Currently I am only able to relate on universe to one connection thus one database..

Any ideas will be very much appreciated.

Maria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

Another option (and I did this), you can create views in the first database that refer to the tables in the second db.

Pascal

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please provide some help on creating universe based on the SQL server.

Some hints will also help;.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to use Data Federator to model and build a virtual database.

Then you have to build a universe on top of the created Data Federator connection for those 2 databases.

Regards,

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Universe points to one connection only meaning one database. I would suggest to create 2 separate universes and link them at the report level if you need current data and historical data in one report. Otherwise, you can use one universe based on your requirement whether it is history or current

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the fast help.

I am using BO InfoView to create reports and when creating a report I have an option to base my report only on one universe. Is it possible to create a report based on two universes and sort of "union" them?

Maria