cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Connectivity issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I ran into this issue when I configured my receiver JDBC adapter(synchronous) - I am on XI 3.0 Sp20 (JDK 1.4) and I have installed OJDBC 1.4 as my JDBC driver to connect to an Oracle 10g system.

I have ruled out driver isuues and database issues by writing a small test program to connect the db using the same drivers and the same connectivity parameters like ip/port/sid/id/pwd I used in XI. The program ran fine...

I am really not able to pinpoint the issue and I would appreciate your help..

Error during database connection to the database URL 'jdbc:oracle:thin:@<ip>:1521:<SID>;SelectMethod=cursor' using the JDBC driver 'oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver': 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:oracle:thin:@<ip>:1521:<SID>;SelectMethod=cursor': SQLException: Io exception: Connection refused(DESCRIPTION=(TMP=)(VSNNUM=169870336)(ERR=12505)(ERROR_STACK=(ERROR=(CODE=12505)(EMFI=4))))'

Pls note i did a few negative tests to rule out a few issues ->

1) I changed the server ip on purpose to a wrong one... and the system gave me a different error. So the db server ip is right and working..

2) I changed the password to a wrong one...but I still got the same error as the above..which means the system does not go up to the ID validation step...

3) I gave a wrong SID...and I still got the same error...which leads me to conclude that the adapter is able to point to te right server but not able to hit the db...

Regards,

Arvind R

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

even though you ruled out problems with the driver, I would suggest to use the Oracle thin JDBC driver version 10.

Maybe there is a problem with the current OJDBC driver you have deployed on your XI. I'm working on an XI 3.0 and we recently deployed version 10 and experience no problems even connecting to clustered Oracle databases. Maybe worth a shot!

Regards

Sven

Answers (0)