cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUIXT,anyone using it , how complicated to maintain and deploy?

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

It has been recommended by our consultants to use GUIXT for some screen modifications.

I've done a bit of reading, and to me it seems like it is just another layer to worry about with the deployment and patching of our SAP GUI (currently ver 7.10 patch#12)

Any advise and experiences would be greatly appreciated

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have used it in the past and stopped using it because it was too complicated.

One of the biggest problem was because our users PC are completely locked, including the developers and consultants ones.

And when you develop GUIXT scripts, you have to switch between developer mode and user mode.

At last, we had to write a specific ABAP program which changed the value of a registry key on the user's PC and modified an ini file, to switch between user and developer mode.

As we install SAPGUI with SMS packages we had to recreate a new sapgui SMS package including all the guixt configuration.

If your users PCs are not completely locked, GUIXT may be a useful solution for you.

Regards,

Olivier

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

Olivier

We also send out updates to desktops via packages, in a similar fashion as you do. Our clients do not have admin rights, and so the process would also be complicated.

I will definitely put a NO on the research re: GUIxt, and ask that these consultants find a different work around to resolve their issue.

BTW

if there is anyone else offering advise it would be appreciated!

B.Regards,

Maria

Former Member

I personally think that GuiXT is questionable due to the different access paths that nowadays exist for SAP (e.g. SAPgui for Windows, Java Gui, NWBC, access via browser) . This might or might not matter, depending on your IT policies and roadmaps.

Also, GuiXT feels like a bolt-on and in general I think it's better to start trying to find solution within the system. Depending on your requirements transaction variants might be an option. E.g. for a start check out the [transaction variants online docu|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/EN/67/232037ebf1cc09e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm] or OSS note [547763 - FAQs: Transaction variants|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/547763].

Cheers, harald