Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OBN Navigation - Portal + Webdnpro

Pramanan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing some Navigation issue. i have explained the issue in detail below.

we have deployed the erecruitment business package in portal. As there is no homepage. i have developed one webdynpro application as homepage for erecruitment application. That application is to show the necessary eRecruitment apllication links based on the authorization of the user. Then i created one iView for the homepage webdynpro application and added that iView to the newly created page.Finally added that page to a workset and role.

So user with the portal role see the webdynpro application displaying links like create requestion and create requisition by position. On click the link (for example create requisition) calls the create requision portal page(Absolute navigation) which show the create application screen. From that page, click on the print priview has to call other application that display the form. But when click on the print preview it shows the standard protal error saying no iView avaialble. This error is due to the OBN navigation. From the create applicaiton the form applicaiton is called using OBN concept.

We are facing this issue for other pages also. other link in my home page call the workoverview page in portal, That is showing the work overview(work centre) applicaton . But from the applicaiton create requision or edit requesition is not working.Again facing the Same portal error.

Awaiting for the reply to solve the OBN issue.

Thanks,

Ramanan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yesrajkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ramanan,

There are different ways to handle this issue and one being them is to change the application category in the Transaction LPD_CUST.

In the same Transaction select the Role as u2018ERCu2019 and the instance as u2018OBN_NAVIGATIONu2019.

For the print preview issue in Requisition, select the folder Requisition->Data Overview for Requisition->Change the application category as Webdynpro ABAP instead of Object Based Navigation.

Provide the Namespace value as SAP, Application as ERC_a_DATAOVERVIEW and System alias name as created in the Portal.

Let me know in case of any queries.

Thanks,

S Rajkumar

pankaj001
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajkumar,

We are also facing similar kind of issue where we are getting no iView available error of some of the functionalities in E-Recruitment in Portal.

In Dashboard, when we click on any Requisition, Application Entry, Preselection, Selection, offer phase, rejection etc. link it is showing the iView not available. I suppose it has someting to do with OBN. Any help in this is highly appreciated.

Below are the links I have clicked

Error :

Regards,

Pankaj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramanan,

Have you checked if the "Print Preview" iView present in the role assigned to the user. Any iView that you want to launch using OBN has to be part of the Role containing the iView that is trying to launch a new iView via OBN.

For example, if you are trying to launch iView B from iView A via OBN, both iView A and iView B have to be part of the same role.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Pradeep