cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference stock between IM & WM,material in quality stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have a material in quality stock and I want to move it to unrestricted stock.In the system exists a difference stock of this material between IM and WM. I can't do any movement to move stock between IM and WM, because the following error message appears:QA495, " Change the inspection stock of material in QM only".

I have to move stock in QM, but I don't know how to do that.The inspection lot asociated is wrong. What can I do?

Thanks at all.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The standard system behaviour is that you must first post the QM-stock

from restricted to unrestricted stock and then you will be able to clear

the differences from WM to IM.

Therefore, you need to post the QM stock from quality to unrestricted

before you try to clear the difference in IM.

If you are working with the report RLLI2110 this allows only to post

quants WITH an Inspection Lot Number (see Release Notes).

The system will try to change the Inspection Lot Stock according to

the posted Quantity. However, if there is no Inspection Lot number,

this cannot be done. Therefore, you first have to post this stock

to free from QM, then you can post the Stock in LI21.

regards,

Ramana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

There is no Inspection Lot number. Like you say, I have to post this stock to free from QM. But I don´t know it's posible to create another Inspection Lot to move the stock to free, or what I have to do to move it to free.

regards,

Edited by: Apu Najama on Mar 18, 2010 4:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

nvm

Edited by: jacobzzz on Mar 19, 2010 9:42 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a purchase orden and the orden requirements done , in IM the stock of this material is unrestricted, but I can't do any movement with the material, it´s like in WM don´t exists (its state is Q). What can I do for WM take notice of that stock?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if I understand but;

if it is not in WM use LT06 with the transfer requirement made from the GR to move the stock into WM

or if no TR use LT01 to move stock from interim storage type/bin in to WM location

if it is in WM but the status must change from q to unrestricted use QM functions (mvmnt types) to create posting change notice to move the material and change status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arakish,

I can´t do LT06 or LT01 because stock is in quality for WM. How can I create posting change notice in QM to move the material and change status?.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

With LT01 enter stock catagory "Q" from initial selection screen and you should be able to move it or use LT10

If you don't have QM functions simply move the Q material to 999 (or whatever storage type you use to clear IM/WM) storage type and pull unrestricted from same

then use LI21 to clear both positive and negative quantities from 999

Edit: QM status change with MIGO ,

transfer posting : other:

TF quality to unrest , movement 321

The movements will need to be done manually if your system is not configured for automatic t.o. creation/confirmation for transfer postings.

That would require manual t.o. creation/confirmation any way ( to move the Q status material into the interum storage type and move back out unrestricted to original source bin)

Edited by: Arakish on Mar 22, 2010 8:46 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have move the Q material to 999 storage type,but I can´t do a MIGO or something like tihs because message M7021(LO stock ctrl- qual behind cantity).In MARD there are enough unrestricted stock. I can´t change Q status material and I can´t use this material stock. This stock is asocciated to storage unit.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Move it to whatever storage type you use to clear differneces with in Li21 ( I use 999 and refrence 999 below but you should use the storage type you have for this)

Your 999 storage type is SU managed? I assumed it would not be and the SU would dissolve when moved to 999.

The options are one or the other.

Change status with QM functions or clear from 999 with Li21.

Since you have the material in 999 already and the inspection lot associated with the quant is No good

I would recomend using LT01 to remove the exact same qty/batch of material (in unrestricted status) from the same 999/ (same bin #) to create a negative.

Then use Li21 to clear both the pos. and neg. from 999 with the same material doc.

Actualy a sneaky way to circumvent QA's control over inv. status but effective when needed.

Edited by: Arakish on Mar 23, 2010 8:33 PM