cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice management system in SRM 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I get to know that SAP is no longer developing the invoice management system from SRM 7.0. In fact they have partnered with open text to provide the IMS exception processing functionality plus additional OCR capabilities.

Does SAP in a way recommend customers planning to upgrade to SRM 7.0 to do away with IMS? could you please share your knowledge on it?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Ranjan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ranjan,

We've an fully configured and are using SAP's SRM IMS functionality on an SRM 7 SP05 system.

We also heard this, but we think it's just a rumour. We choose to implement it and everything works properly.

With everything i mean the following:

- Invoicing

- Credit memo's

- Debit memo's

Havn't tested and/or set-up any SUS functionality on this part.

I hope this is any helpfull for you.

Kind regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the info. Infact, I have tested the scenarios in my test systems. It is working fine for invoices and credit memo.

At the same time, I would like to know more about Open text technology to handle Invoice exceptions. Probably, SAP is going that direction to reduce the TCO of SRM systems.

OCR is still being used for scanning and uploading an invoice document to SRM system.

Regards,

Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ranjan,

A question on your topic, sorry about that. But is it possible to connect an OCR application f.e. open text with SAP SRM. I've only seen OCR working in relation with SAP R/3.

In addition I still think with OCR setup there could still be scenario's where you would also need and want to have the possibility to create/book invoices/memo's manually.

Kind regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

OCR has been used for scanning and uploading an invoice document to IMS system. The IMS can be used both in SRM and MM for handling invoice exception as of now.

So, SAP SRM is also using OCR for scanning and generating a system document from hardcopy invoice document.

Regards,

Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tim.

We are planning to use IMS Invoice Monitor as well with 7.0

Can u please advice what all functionality of IMS are you using in ur implementation w/ 7.0

What implementation scenario are u using (Classic, Ext Classic, Standalone)?

Regards,

Sunny.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAPSRM01,

We do not use any OCR/IMS functionality in our SAP SRM 7 system.

Kind regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Schuffelen,

I have a quick question for you - what are the roles you assigned to the user with IMS.. in the Portal and in SRM 7.0?

I have assigned the portal role "com.sap.pct.srm.core.ro_invoicer" and the SRM role "/SAPSRM/ACCOUNTANT" to the user.

When you say Invoicing in IMS, do you mean that you are able to create Invoices with enhanced functionality, like, being able to change the document type, creating one-time vendor invoices etc (as mentioned in the link below)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/42/dc00a78d23162fe10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

Any quick help is highly appreciated.

Sai

Edited by: SNR on Jul 19, 2010 4:44 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Have you implemented IMS for vendors to entering invoices without purchase order via SUS?

Is this working for SRM 7?

Thanks

Ezequiel

Answers (0)