cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI 3.0 - How to handle Multiple IDOC to Single flatfile without using BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are working on XI 3.0 verions and have requirement that we need to handle Multiple IDOC to a single flatfile converion scenario, but without using BPM as experts say that using BPM is having a performance overhead.

So, as a initial step I was able to create the IR(Message mapping) part of it. But I am unable to identify the options available in XI 3.0 for accumulating IDOCs to one XML file or to say IDOC Packaging.

Kindly can any one help asap on how to accumulate incoming IDOCs to one XML file.

FYI, in SAP the IDOCs are transmitted via Batch program execution.

Regards,

Bindu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

shivhare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, If you want to collect same type of IDOCs then it is possible without BPM ,

you can collect IDOCs in SAP ECC using collect option in partner profile .

step need to do.

create XML-HTTP port

create HTTP-ABAP RFC connection

partner profile use option collect IDOCs

then process All IDOCs with the help of BD87.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for the valuable excellent response.

Unfortunately the SAP we are connecting with is of version 3.1I. So please help to know if any customization/mechanism we can work with this version for creating multiple idoc into one XML file for XI.

Regards,

Bindu

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why dont you implement your req using ccBPM,done worry about performance,follow best practices,i dont think one BPM scenario will cause perfromace issues.

my enviornment around BPM interfaces running, bpm will take more resurces , but not that much worst.

think about BPM option.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

We already have few BPM scenarios implemented which is causing performance issue and as a further development part using ccBPM is not preferred. Hence I am trying to look out for other options.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Some of the options available are listed in this blog: /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2009/05/21/xipi-collecting-idocs--possible-ways-with-pros-and-cons--5-ways

IDOC packaging wont be available for XI3.0

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

search in sdn,THERE IS ONE BLOG AVAILABLE ON THE SAME,USING FILE PORT IN ECC side, I THINK IT WILL WORK IT OUT.

Regards,

Raj

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you seen this?

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2009/05/21/xipi-collecting-idocs--possible-ways-with-pros-and-cons--5-ways

Regards,

Prateek