cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export/Import Procedure for Foreign Trade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Could you please explain me the field "Export procedure"?

This can be found in the delivery:

Transaction: VL03n --> Item --> Foreign Trade/ Customs --> Origine / Destination / Business

I know how the default value of this field is found. What I have to know, is the outcome of changing these value. Is this field only for statistical/ information reasons or is there a link to an other function?

Thanks,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thomas,

The field is meant for indicating the customs procedure into which the goods are to be entered (eg. export or reexport, outward processing). It is part of official customs declaration forms in the EC ("Single Administrative Document"/SAD). Like the other fields on the tab page "Foreign Trade/Customs", it is generally only needed in case of cross-border sales/deliveries. The content of these fields is stored in table EIPO which is usually referenced by the billing document. In case of an export, for example, you could issue the customs declaration based on these and other billing document data. (Nowadays, export declarations are to be filed electronically in the EC. The data are thus transferred to either SAP GTS or a third-party software.)

And yes, they are in parts also relevant to export statistics.

Best regards,

Christiane

Edited by: Christiane Schnellenbach on Mar 19, 2010 11:24 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it all depends on your specific aplication. Whether or not you use material master data and also whether or not you ship international of cource.

It is not only informational for some sites, the COO (country of origin) for example can be made mandatory for international deliveries/shipments and any material master in the delivery missing that entry would cause a hard stop when attempting goods issue.