cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to entry automatically a value in EBKN-KOSTL from IW31 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Here is my problem : when I create a maintenance order (IW31), I add some components, which may create purchasing requisitions.

When I look at this purchasing requisitions (ME53N), the link with the maintenance order is displayed in 'Account Assignment', but nothing is written in field 'Cost center' of the purchasing requisition. I would like the cost center of the maintenance order to be displayed in the purchasing requisition.

I have found user-exit EXIT_SAPLEBND_004, which seems to allows to modify value EKBN-KOSTL, but it does not work...

Do you know why or do you have any other solution ?

Thaks for your help, which will be rewarded if useful.

Philippe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So no way to have all PR in once... Thanks for your help experts. You confirm what I was thinking !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philippe,

The in configuration setting of Purchase Requsition creation from Maintenance Order >> Account Assignment mentioned is "F" from order.

So neither user-exit or BADI can over-write configuraiton. I dont understand your purpose of copying cost center over there.

If your purpose is only to display in PR then that can be achived by copying same in tracking number field.

Also this should be considered that if cost center is present in PR then direct cost settlement will take place to cost center and maintenance order will not be considered. So the purpose of creating PR from maintenance order will not be useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejasg,

Thanks for your answer !

The reason why we want to entry the cost center in PR is the following one : we would like to use this value as a criteria to select all PR on a cost center, whatever its origin is (a maintenance order or something else).

So I understand you don't think I can fill 'Cost Center' from a maintenance order using standard configuration. Do you think I can do it if I modify or create a new Account Assignment Category ? I'm afraid it's quite complicated to do, but it may be a solution...

Philippe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philippe,

So your purpose is to search PR having cost center and account assignment.

You can achive it in 2 ways.

1) As suggested above call the settlement cost center of maintenance order and put in tracking number field of purchase requesiton using user-exit of BADI. there are many standard tcode which has tracking number as input field for searching PR.

2) There is a standard tcode ME5K you can give cost center and account assignment as input and get complete list of PR. No need of customizing also.

Select the best suitable method for you.

Hope this solves your problem.

Edited by: tejasg on Mar 19, 2010 2:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejasg,

I hope I don't disturb you too much....

I try to explain clearly my purpose. I need to find :

- all PR on the selected cost center

- and all PR on a maintenance order whose settlement receiver is the selected cost center

Thanks for transaction ME5K, which is very interesting to find all PR on a selected cost center. But I don't understand how to use ME5K to find all PR on a maintenance order whose settlement receiver is the selected cost center. Do you know how to do ?

Thanks. Philippe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philippe,

In ME5K there are 3 fields which you can use

Cost Center - Cost Center used in Maintenance Order.

Order - Maintenance Order

Accout Assignment Category - " F "

Use account Assignment Category "F" as mentioned above and from cost center and maintenance order use the suitable option as per your requirment.

The output will be maintenance order having PR's.

Edited by: tejasg on Mar 22, 2010 2:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Phillipe,

You will not be able to use ME5K to find all PR on a maintenance order whose settlement receiver is the selected cost center.

You will have to copy the same program and make changes to the same or if you are in ECC6.0 use implicit enhancements to add the same logic within the standard program.

Regards

Narasimhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narasimhan,

Can you share which type of PR wont be available in ME5K (in releation to maintenance order) and what would be reason for it.

Also this problem is in which SAP version ECC 5.0 or 6.0 etc.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tejasg,

That report directly reads the Purchasing tables for the selection criteria identified on the program.

It doesn't read the settlement table of the order (COBRB) to find out whether the cost center on the selection screen and settlement receiver of the order are one and the same to include the PR in the Output list.

Even with your first option of populating the Settlement cost center on the "requirement tracking field" (If its possible to use this exit in first place, since settlement rule could be updated anytime before TECO) , We will not be able to combine this output list with the PR that have a direct account assignment of cost center since the selection fields are joined by "AND" condition and not "OR" condition. You could however get two separate output list, which wouldn't satisfy his needs.

Regards

Narasimhan