cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Stop JDBC sender adapter from polling data if no record is left

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm using JDBC sender adapter. My requirement is to stop JDBC Adpater from polling (Select) data immediately if there is no record in database matching select statement.

Is is possible to do this? I have also implemented availability time planning but it's not exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks,

Pavin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is is possible to use BPM to control JDBC sender adapter?

Thanks,

Pavin

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This requirement couldn't make much sense to me.

Suppose there are no records left, then how will PI know this unless it actually polls the data. If you think of sending some indicator from database to PI indicating no new data, then you need to manage the time after which PI should restart polling data. Any such solution won't be logical anyway.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavin,

There is no way you can stop the JDBC channel if there is no data left in the database. You can do this by using Channel availability time planning only. Once you start the channel it will poll the database continuously irrespective whether the data is available satisfying the SELECT query configured in the sender JDBC channel. This is never ending job. One can stop the channel either manually or using the availability time planning. With the second option, you can start and stop any channel automatically.

So please use that option in more effective manner in order to start and stop the channels automatically.

hope this information helps you to resolve your problem.

Regards,

Achari

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This looks bit interesting, i think its not posible using standard functionality.

Regards,

Raj