cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with File adapter channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using a File Adapter channel to process files from FTP server(which is in UNIX environment). I am polling the files from a unix folder (which has this format as -rw-rr). Now I want to know what are the basic permisions should the file have in order to process the file by anyone.

Hope you got the information..

Regards,

Achari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Now I want to know what are the basic permisions should the file have in order to process the file by anyone

Security-related settings can be seen in this blog: /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/08/01/along-came-a-file-adapter-mr-ftp-and-rest-of-the-gang

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You would need to understand the permission schema.

-rw-rr

- : tells this is file

rw- : tells the owner permission,

r-- : tells the user group permission

r-- tells any other user permission.

so if you are using mode delete/archive mode then the file shoud have execute permission for that owner.

If you are using the same user(i.e. owner that write the file in FTP) to connect FTP from PI then the permission required is

-rwxrr

If you connecting to FTP from PI with a User that is of the same group of the owner then the file permission should be

-rrwxr

If you are using any other to connect to FTP then the file permission should be

-rrrwx

note : rwx or --x is same read/write is included in execute mode along with delete & modify mode.

~SaNv...

Edited by: Santhosh Kumar V on Mar 18, 2010 4:00 PM

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are suing processing mode delete in File communcation channel , the user name shoudl have permision to delet fiel from FTP.

if not then i dont think you required specific roles to read data from FTP.

Regards,

Raj