cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duration for Activity replaced by subnetwork

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have many network activities which are replaced by subnetworks in our project. I have done overall scheduling and project scheduling.

Control key of activity replaced by subnetwork is not relevant for scheduling (PS05)

I have the following queries.

1. Is the Duration of activities replaced by subnetworks calculated and populated in "Duration" field during scheduling?

2. If NO is the duration of subnetwork reflected as superior activity duration in any of the reports? CN41N,CN47N?

3. Why is no value appearing in Processing time column in CN47N reports?

Request to moderators

Tried to post a thread with similar query some days back which was terminated without providing any justification. Am still searching for these answers.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whenever you replace a network by subnetwork the contol key automatically changes to PS05 on the network activity. The activity becomes irrelevant for scheduling.

When this happens the start and end date of the activity (which is now replaced by subnetwork) is copied on the start date of first activity of subnetwork and finish date on last activity of sub netowrk. The activity will automatically become irrelevat for scheduling. The new scheduling dates for activities in sub network will be derived based on relation ship betwwen nthem and start and end date of main activity.

So if your activity is scheduled for 10 days from 19th Mar to 26h Mar and you replace it by subnetwork having 4 activities having FS relation ship and 2 days each then the schedule will be

0010 - 19th - 20st Mar

0020 - 21st - 22nd Mar

0030 - 23rd - 24th Mar

0040 - 25thMar - 26th Mar.

All the dates will be derived based on the above basic dates determined for activities in subnetwork and will appear the same way in any report.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sarang,

The query is not what dates are considered. I am already aware of how it is scheduled, the question is the total duration of the subnetwork copied to duration DAUNO field in superior network.

During scheduling duration from subnetwork goes as processing time DABEA field in superior activity but it is not relected in any of the reports but still it shows in activity details. In CN47N report processing time is present but it doesnt show any value but the value exists while i check it in the table AFVV.

hope that clarifies.