Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basis certification help needed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am new to these forums.

I am a fresher in Basis Admin and just finished my online training course. Now I want to practice on my own. My 3 questions:

1- Can you suggest me any good website to get licensed SAP access for cheap?

2- What exam do I have to take for Basis Admin certification?

3- What is the material for this exam and where do I get it from?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks All

Adi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will get all licens & necessory documents in service market place

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have recently completed the certification, The Primary courses require to attend TADM10, TADM12, and MSS or Oracle.

Alternative course like ADM325, ADM100, ADM102, SAPTEC, ADM200...

In this exam there are 80 question spreaded over 20 to 25 topics and passing score is 72%, To mark this exam you would assume that the exam is marked by the right or wrong answers over the 80 questions, giving you a total percentage of correct answers. Unfortunately this is not the case the toal question are unequally divided into topic areas and the total percentage is marked by summarising the results for each topic by the number of total topics.

To give you an idea, in the exam there may be a single question on one topic for example, SMTP-mail, but four questions on the Basis of RFC if you get three out of four questions in the RFC secion correct you get 75% for that secion, if you get the SMTP-mail configuration wrong then you get 0%. for these two topic add them together and divide by the sum of the topics 75 + 0 /2 = 37.5%

you may be thinking there were 5 questions and 2 incorrect answers so you should have recieved 60% but the marking doesn't work like that. The point of me explaining this is because if you revise a secion that has a single question and you miss out some information, when you come to answering a question in the exam and get it wrong you will recieve 0% for that topic eventhough you probably spent ages revising that topic, you missed out some small detail. So be carefull!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jilans,

congratulations on your certification and thanks for your information.

I am also preparing to participate in the exam, but there are so many books to read , so many tests to be done, could you kindly share some experience on passing this high score (72%) exam? among all the questions, which parts are important, for example, how many questions were on oracle part and Java...... is it difficult for oracle database?

Thank you so much.

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am planning to write SAP BASIS certification.

I guess registration to SAP teched 2010 is closed.

So please advice how I can write for the same ? ( I dont want to wait for SAP teched 2011 and planning to write in another 2-3 months).

Thanks in advance.

best Regards,

Mano

Edited by: manjmano on Oct 31, 2010 12:43 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to ask about 2 certification exams for Basis Admin; TADM51_04 and TADM51_70

TADM51_04 is the older version and the later one is a new one. I called SAP education people and they said there is no or little difference between two and its your choice if you wana go for the latest or the older version.

But I think according to the topics mentioned, TADM51_04 has a lot more material to cover than TADM51_70.

I am wondering if this is really true? Like the Database part doesnt mention much about what needs to be covered and there are lots of other topics not mentioned as they are in TADM51 exam competency areas.

Please let me know if anyone has taken the exam. I would like to know the weightage of topics in exam.

Thanks in advance

Adnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear adcrush,

This link will help you get the course contents and weighted to the subject.

http://www1.sap.com/services/education/certification/certroles/certificationtest.epx?context=[[C_TAD...

07 course also deal with the competence level at DB level too,

Best of Luck

Regards

Shailesh Mamidwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shailesh

Thanks for your reply,

Yes I have visited this link already and this is where I got confused. The DB part does not specify what topics will be focused on exam and also if you compare the competency areas of TADM51_04 and TADAM51_70, there are a lot of topics skipped in the later one. So not sure if I still have to cover the whole course contents that is meant for basis administration.

Any suggestions on that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adcrush,

First of all welcome to the basis community. I am myself new with just a few months of experience. Get this and get this straight. As a newcomer you have to certify rightfully only when you have attended a basis course from an AUTHORISED training centre/partner of SAP Education. If you have the relevant experince you can give the exam by paying only the exam fees, which in this case you aren't eligible. So if you study from the above, ONLY then you will have access to the training material, like I do, as I studied from sap India private limited, Bangalore, India. SAP is very specific about legal rights and issues, so you have to choose carefully,

You will only be able to get hands on practice in an AUTHORISED training institutes like SIEMENS, GENOVATE, BPCL, SAP PRIVATE LIMITED ( Indian specific SAP Institutes ) & in your workplace with licensed SAP software. The topic TADM 51 consists of Database administration & Monitoring, configuring, troubleshooting. It does not carry any subcode. It is called database administration Oracle on Netweaver 7.00. If you have knowledge about this, you will also be able to work conviniently on other database systems like MS SQL server, MAXDB etc.

All you have to do is to study and certify for investing value added benefit to you career & future. Its gonna hurt a little on your wallet, but in india, its still cheaper & convinient than most developed countries. I hope I have shared with you everything I know, Thanks,

Kind regards,

M. Nizam

Edited by: nizamuddin mohammed on Jun 10, 2010 1:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello M.Nizam,

I appreciate your valuable suggestions. Actually I have got my training from a private institute which is obviously cheaper and I have practiced on SAP ECC IDES system using a remote access. I have studied the course material for C_TADM51_70.

Now I want to go for certification (may be next week).

-I was wondering if you have done your certification and give me some tips to pass the exam(like focusing on specific areas or any sample questions)?

-Also, is there any way I can install the system on my laptop and practice on it? I heard SAP NW 7.0 trial version is free and sufficient to practice for Basis Administration.

Any help would be great

Thanks a lot,

Adnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi adnan,

First of all I haven't cleared my cert. as of now. Hopefully, almighty willing, I will try to before this year end. And about the study material C_TADM51_70, I dont quite get you, because as of now its a 5 week course, i.e. TADM_10, part 1 & 2 ( week1 & week 2), TADM_12, PART 1 & 2 (WEEK3 & WEEK 4), finally tadm51 ( Oracle administration on netweaver 7.00, the fifth & final week). For all the said things, you need a good hands on practice through knowledge of sap technical administration for clearing this 5 week course. Its only in bangalore, that too after paying the fees you will be told dates & venue for exam. the dates of exam and venue are bound to be of higher frequency in bangalore, with just 2-3 exam dates a year in pune & Delhi.

Also, you cant be sure that you will be giving the exam whenever you want to. its up to the dates on which the SAP decides on pre-analysis manner and gives out the exam pattern and dates for different venues worldwide, including India. In this case you may want to give the exam next week, but, if you pay your fees, only then you may be sent the list of dates and venues. The dates displayed may be starting earliest from next fifteen days onwards, so you cant be sure about it.

As far as the SAP N.W. 7.00 trial version being free, there is nothig free that sap gives as all its softwares are downloaded from marketplace using proper loginids & pwd's after a paying up for the license by any firm. But some Unscruplous employees leak it out without company's prior permission to install and use it for personal benefits. This is breach of conduct & should never ever be mentioned as you may be banned from this wonderful website altogether.

Exam fees has also been increased by Rs.11,000/-, i.e, it stands now at Rs.38,600/-, inclusive of taxes from may 1st 2010 onwards.

My advise is you first get a job and give the certification within 2-3 years time, as the material you have mentioned is seriously outdated and is of no use for the exam. Else join the course ( basis is taught only in SAP INDIA PRIVATE LTD, DOMLUR, BANGALORE, and nowhere else in India in any authorised Institute/SAP partner). This is one of the most important point as I myself had to conduct an enquiry calling all the authorised SAP education centres in India. Thats the best I can tell you. Also, you have to give the exam within 4 months time starting from the day you made your exam fee payment, whether by training or relevant job experience,

Thanks & regards,

M. Nizam

Edited by: nizamuddin mohammed on Jun 11, 2010 5:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. I guess you've passed your exam by now, but hopefully my reply will help someone else in the future.

The Netweaver 7.0 trial version is in fact free to download from the SDN and should be sufficient for training to the Basis certification.

You can download it from here...

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/TRIALVER/SAPNetWeaverTrialVersionABAP+%28Windows%29#SAPNetWeaverTrialVersionABAP%28Windows%29-SAPNetWeaver7.01SR1TrialVersionABAPSP03

It's only available on MaxDB, so if you want to go for the certification on Oracle or MSSQL, you'll need more than this trial.

Regards,

LEH

Former Member
0 Kudos