cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI and MII 12.1 integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering what your thoughts are on the 12.1 NWDI integration with MII and how it compares with your current CVS system if you are still on xMII 12.0 ?

Personally I am trying to work through a NWDI + MII 12.1 implementation but am hitting brick walls in trying to get our sandpit system working. I have read through Jamie Cawley's article on on building and deploying MII projectsand have a few questions now.

For MII 12.1 does the integration of NWDI only extend to using its DTR and CBS functionality or is transport functionality also available? The MII 12.1 release notes seem to only suggest DTR for now.

Is it possible to only use MII Workbench and NWDI (transport studio / CBS) to perform builds of our MII projects and transport them up to our environments or must we use NWDS to build and deploy these projects?

Regards,

Danny

(apologies if any questions have been answered previously... I did make sure to check wiki this time! the NWDI info is just the generic NWDI )

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Danny

At the moment MII only provides integration to DTR and CBS. The Activation step will build the content in CBS. For transport you need to use NWDS.

Best regards

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Partha,

I had hoped CTS was part of the NWDI integration but I this does make Jamie's PDF transport guide much more sense since it does seem to be the only way to transport components from one runtime system to another then. I had hoped not to have to use NWDS hopefully for SAP MII 12.2 or onwards that process gets integrated into SAP MII Workbench or we move to a NWDS MII workbench then.

Regards,

Danny

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Danny

Nothing has changed in MII 12.2 regarding this feature. Just to add a bit more sense to what I said earlier "For changes made in MII you need to trigger the Transport from NWDS". The actual transport is handled by CMS and you can use one of multiple options to transport changes from your track in CMS. You need to go to the Runtime Systems tab in CMS and provide the details for your runtime system. You can also use CTS+ for this but I am not sure how to do that.

Best regards

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also another question:

In the MII Project Building and Deploying document, it mentions MIIBuildt.sca, XMII.sca and SAPBuildt.sca needs to be imported into the track, but after running the wizards for MII integration with NWDI I am still confused, it mentions I need to check-in these three SCAs, where do I find them?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danny,

Regarding MII Build.sca and MII.sca you'll find them in the service market place: Installations and Upgrade/Search for Installations and Upgrades.

With NWDS, you can then create a local development configuration targeting NWCE 7.1 EHP1 SP03, you'll then be able to import MII.sca and MII Build.sca and SAPBuildt.sca should already be there.

Another way to get them is to use NWDS and to import a development configuration from the SLD where your MII system is registered. This will provide you with the Software Components that you need and you'll be able to create a project.

Unfortunately, I've not been too far with the use of NWDI and MII so can't really go beyond those simple advice.

Regards,

Arnaud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnaud,

Thanks for the helpful suggestions, I was able to find the SCAs and check them in according to Jeremy's PDF guide.

I did manage to create a project in MII workbench and activate them within the MII workbench, so that should have engaged CBS to make a new rebuild of the MII project? or should I actually go into CBS in NWDI and assemble a new version?

Is there any MII specific instructions to enable CTS (does it support CTS?) or can I follow the normal NWDI instructions for enabling CTS?

Or is it just recommended to download the SCA of our new assembled MII project SC and manually deploy it using JSPM on our next environment's runtime system?

I'm also interested on what CVS solutions others use for their existing xMII 12.0 applications? How do you use a CVS when the xMII projects are all stored in the database now? Do you just zip up the whole project and put it in CVS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danny,

Using MII 12.0. -- I use CVS for the J2EE apps I support, but because of the MII database there is no way to version the "real" working software like you would do with CVS. So, I don't even use CVS. It doesn't make any sense to me to version a zip file. You'd still have to unzip it to compare versions or retrieve old versions. I have a Windows share to keep backup copies and deployment copies of the zip file. Something like share\backup\APP_20100324.zip and share\deployed\APP_01_00.zip.

I have to remember to make the backups though. (I try to do it last thing every day as I am used to checking in changes every day.)

Best Regards,

--Amy Smith

--Haworth