cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restriction of Document type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

we have created document type by one user and i want to restrict for other user for change in that document type with user specific

eg. user 1 created document with doc type dev and save

user 2 has creation authorisation of save doc type but he/she should not have authorisation to edit user 1 docue

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal

You can restrict the user2 by not authorizing to use CV02N.

You authorize user2 for only CV01N, CV03N. Do not authorize him for CV02N.

One more thing, what you can do is, in roles and authorizations,

for the DOKAR object enter the document type & in ACTVT object ensure that you do not enter 02 - change

This will restrict user2 from changing the document.

I hope this helps you.

Best Regards

Amaresh Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

But user 2 is also a design dept his/her creation should follow the same procedure for user 1.

regards

kunal

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kunal

You are using different document types for both the users or you are using same document type for both the users?

Regards

Amaresh Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

We are using the same document type fo rbothe users

regards

kunal

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I have understood your requirement correctly, you want to say that:

There are two users say, USER1 & USER2 & both use same document type, say DC1.

For example, USER1 has created a DIR with doc. type DC1. And you want to restrict changing of this DIR by USER2 & viceversa.

If this is your requirement, then what you can do is, you can utilize the "Authorization Group" functionality in DMS.

Create two different Authorization groups for USER1 & USER2. For example, create Authorization group AUT1 for USER1 & Authorization group AUT2 for USER2.

In roles & authorizations, you create two different roles. For USER1 you assign the Authorization group AUT1 in object BEGRU

For USER2 you assign the Authorization group AUT2 in object BEGRU.

Once you do this & assign roles to respective users, USER1 can create the DIR with doc type DC1 & enter the Authorization group AUT1 & saves it. Now even if USER2 tries to open it, he/she can't access it, since her roles do not have authorization for the Authorization group AUT1.

The same thing works for USER2. Say, if USER2 creates DIR with Authorization group AUT2, USER1 can't access it.

This is the only way, that you can control it.

Otherwise, you may need to create two different Document types for USER1 & USER2 depending on your business requirement.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Amaresh Makal

Answers (0)