cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing single sap system on various OS platform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to install different instances of single SAP ECC 6.0 system on different OS platforms.

DB - HP Unix (or) AIX

CI and DI - Windows 2008 Server.

Database: Oracle (or) DB2

SAP Product: ECC 6.0

My Queries:

1. Technical feasibility of doing the same as this is new requiement to me.

2. Also let me know the licensing part. Do customer need to get license for both Operating system for the selected SAP Product if this is technically possible?

3. Advantages and Disadvantages of this model.

Also planning for cluster environment for Production system.

Regards,

Nalla.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 1. Technical feasibility of doing the same as this is new requiement to me.

If you use only ABAP there's no problem; the SAP application runtime is agnostic of the underlying operating system.

> 2. Also let me know the licensing part. Do customer need to get license for both Operating system for the selected SAP Product if this is technically possible?

You'll need to get a SAP license for the instance where the message server is running. There are different licenses for Oracle and/or DB2 so you have to choose.

> 3. Advantages and Disadvantages of this model.

Well - there must be a reason why you chose this model, right?

Markus

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Technical feasibility of doing the same as this is new requiement to me

Sure its possible, just check PAM so you get a clear idea of the supported platforms

2. Also let me know the licensing part. Do customer need to get license for both Operating system for the selected SAP Product if this is technically possible?

As far as I know the licenses are not related to the OS you use but to the product/DB... Anyhow this is the kind of question you should ask to your SAP Account Manager.

Regards

Juan