cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Connection Type H in WAS 6.20

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to connect an R/3 System (6.20 Level 62) to a PI System (7.1 Level 6) with an HTTP connection in SM59.

We have setup this SM59 connection with a connection type H. The information within the connection is setup correctly, however when testing the connection it is not able to login. The system comes back always asking for the username and password. And eventually fails with an authorisation error. The user is then locked in the PI system.

If we setup the same connection details, except with a connection type 3, we are able to test the connection successfully with no problems.

Anyone had this error before?

Thanks,

Miguel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Note : [1023437|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1023437]

Symptom

Password-based logon attempts (to ABAP systems as of Release 7.00 / NetWeaver 2004s / SAP ERP 2005) fail, although the user has entered a supposedly correct password in a front end component or in a destination (of another system).
However, a (direct) SAPGUI logon with the same password is successful.

Other terms

USR02, CODVN, BCODE, PASSCODE, hash password, logon password

Reason and Prerequisites

As described in Note 862989, ABAP systems as of NetWeaver 2004s (7.00) support passwords of up to 40 characters, whereby they differentiate between uppercase and lowercase.
In earlier ABAP Releases (prior to 7.00), passwords could only be comprised of a maximum of 8 characters, whereby lowercase letters that were entered were automatically changed to uppercase letters.

If, in a newer ABAP system (as of Release 7.00), a downwardlyincomplatible password is unknowingly granted (see below), and if the front end or middleware components are not able to process such passwords correctly, logon problems inevitably occur. This is usually due to the (invisible) automatic conversion from lowercase to uppercase letters.

The problem is due to the fact that the password entered by the user does not arrive at the server in the same form, but is changed either during input or during the transmission (in which many components are involved).

As I replied earlier change the password to UPPERCASE characters and try.

~SaNv...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

Thanks. This solved the problem!

I am getting an error whilst trying to give you points. I will however try again later!

Thanks,

Miguel

Edited by: Miguel Jorge on Mar 18, 2010 9:27 AM

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your password having lower-case letters, if so can you change it to complete UPPER-CASE characters and give a try.

I have experinced this and remembered reading a note about this.

~SaNv...

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your user having this role: SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you done the connection test from SM59 for this RFC destination.

what is the status?