cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle to SAP, worth it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello folks ,

Ive been reading up about all the advice regarding the SAP training/certification and though there seems no black or white ,Im hoping to get some useful inputs from the experienced folks .

I have worked with an IT biggie for 3 years as an oracle apps functional consultant in financials , post which i went to business school (mba in finance)in europe and have just gotten back . I have'nt been getting any opportunities with my oracle apps background since i did not have any implementation experience( 2 support projects) and so i was looking at doing the SAP FI training/certification in Bangalore considering i have a background in ERP and finance as well .

Though i was initially pretty confident about making the big investment ,im still unsure if i should continue looking for opportunities in Oracle or do the SAP training .Comments/advice would be much appreciated!!

Thanks and regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is always recommended to shift to SAP, considering the number of opportunities that you have.

You also have ERP experience that would be a plus.

Initial investment may be little big. However, once you get good opportunity, you can recoup the same.

You will have double advantage with both ERP skills, very few people you will find in such class.