cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy smartform from client 220 to 320 without transporting the request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus......

How can we copy smartform from client 220 to 320 without transporting the request...

awaiting for your needful reply..

kind regards

rahul agrey

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If both clients are in same server, then in 320 go to SCC1 transaction and give your form request number from 220. execute. its done. Here you are not transporting request number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

NO......both are different server.....i create in development server(220).....

i want to upload in quality server(320)....without transporting the request..

regards

rahul agrey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you able to create any other new smart form on your quality system?

Please try again with following steps in you Quality system:

1. Goto smartforms tcode,

2. Then follow the path: Main menu ; Utilities -> Upload form. You will get a pop-up to fill the name of the smart form first ,(Like ZZTEST_SMART)

3. Now you will get next pop-up to select any file from your local disk. Select the XML file saved on your disk.

4. Save & activate.

It is working all the time. I suppose the problem might be with some authorization with your user id.

Regards,

Lokesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Open your form in 220 client

goto to menu - Utilities - downloadform - it will give save as window , select the location on your local desktop (it will be saved in XML format )

goto your 320 client

goto smartforms t code -click on create button (with same name in 220 as per your requirement )

after that goto menu option - utilities - upload form it will ask replace the form confirmation - click on ok

Let me know if any concerns..........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First of all Smart forms are the client independent, means if you have the same server with different clients, in this case no need to copy the smart form. It means S created on client 220 will also be available on 330 for same sever.

If you have different servers, then you can Download samrtform via path: Mai menu -> Utilities -> Download Form (Which will be downloaded to your local drive in XML format), then you can upload the same file on the other server.

Let me know if I can help you further more.

~Lokesh

Edited by: Lokesh Tarey on Mar 18, 2010 7:15 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

till now i tried but i am stuck to upload to differenr server....can you provide me the way i can upload this smartform from my desktop to different server

regards

rahul agrey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To Upload again,

1. Goto smartform t-code

2. Give the name of smart form that you like to keep (On the same screen)

3. Follow the path: Main Menu -> Utilities -> Upload Form (Select the XML file where you have stored on local drive)

4. Save and activate the form.

Is it woking now?

~Lokesh

Edited by: Lokesh Tarey on Mar 18, 2010 7:33 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

for uploading

1 goto tcode SMARTFORMS

2 give the name of the smartform which u want to upload.

then utilities-->uploadform (browse the form from ur desktop)

3 then save and activate the form

thanks

vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks lokesh...

for your valuable advice i tried earlier as you written it does not upload.......

as i have form on development.....

i want to upload on quality....

on quality it is not taken....

regards

rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you tell me what error your are getting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I have tried this myself. Smart form is working very well.

Can you please tell me what error or message or where you failing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

actually...when we go for upload on 320 server(quality)..a pop up is come.....with searh help option..

in this search option i am expecting the path....from where we upload our form(in my case it is desktop) instead of that i get

n number of form list which is already exist in 320 server...which is worth less to me....

kin regards

rahul agrey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

.a pop up is come.....with searh help option..

It is in this pop-up that you need to enter the name of your to-be-created smartform, it does have a drop down to search for form name, but if you enter a form name the file search pop-up comes next.

That said, why don't you just transport your smartform? There can't be much quality in the quality server if people can directly create development objects there

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below is the steps to download the form from one server and upload to another server.

1. Download the form from one server (Say Development)

a) Go to transaction SMARTFORMS, give the smartform name

b) Go to UTILITIES->DOWNLOAD FORM

c) Download the from to Local PC as .XML file ( Say in Desktop)

2. To Upload the same Form in another Server (Say Quality)

a) Go to transaction SMARTFORMS.

b) Go to UTILITIES->UPLOAD FORM.

Here a pop up will appear, give your form name (which is not there ) say ztest

(Don't click F4, F4-will give u the list of forms available in that server).

c) Then again a Pop Up will Appear, there you have to choose the .XML file from your local PC ( where you have downloaded the form from development server in step 1)

d) Upload the particular XML file. Activate it. Now it will work.

Note: If you created a smartstyle in development, then it won't be avilable in your quality if it is first time.

Then a error will be thrown while executing the smartform saying that 'specified smartstyle not found'

Hope this will be useful.

Thanks & Regards,

S.Meganadhan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can We do this also on sapscript ?

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

nearly. In sapscript, use report RSTXSCRP for up- and download. No xml but pure text and the handling is last-century-like. But it works.

Regards, Clemens