cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to map text payload (Not XML) to IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In a scenario wherein I am getting a Text file as a Outbound Payload in XI (It is not a XML file - simple text Payload file which we see in SXMB_MONI) through XI Adapter and I need to map the text file to IDOC.

I can not use here File Adapter (File Content Conversion) as Incoming file is not stored at any location and it is just pushed to PI Server.

However I am not able to visualize how the text Payload will be read and mapped to IDOC.

Your inputs will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Nitin Patil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since both adapter doesnt support modules, go for XSLT (or) Java Mapping.

Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I can not use here File Adapter (File Content Conversion) as Incoming file is not stored at any location 
and it is just pushed to PI Server

Which adapter are you planning to use in this case? If not FCC then you can also opt for MessageTransformbean to do the conversion....for more information refer this blog /people/gabrielsagayaselvam.panneerselvam/blog/2009/12/07/standard-adapter-framework-modules-afmodules-in-pi-71-150part-2 (also check the embedded blog reference given by the author)

What is the content (format) of the file....even a .txt file can have a XML message......just that we need FCC or above bean when the file is a CSV file.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Inbound Payload to PI is CSV and adapter which I will be using is XI. As File is not stored at any location I can't use File Adapter.

Also the Blog you have given I am checking on the same - Option MessageTransformBean (Plain2XML), I will let you know if I have any query.

Regards,

Nitin Patil

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>Inbound Payload to PI is CSV and adapter which I will be using is XI.

As far as I know proxy framework doesnt support CSV content in payload structure(it works on XML standards). This is possible only in attachment modes.

May be you are getting data to XI in some other fashion such as using plain HTTP adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Inbound Payload to PI is CSV and adapter which I will be using is XI. As File is not stored at any location I can't use File Adapter.

Also the Blog you have given I am checking on the same - Option MessageTransformBean (Plain2XML), I will let you know if I have any query.

Regards,

Nitin Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

As Text Payload is coming from another PI System to our PI System, I need to use XI Adapter.

Also you were suggesting about using Java or XSLT Mapping, can you guide for the same to achieve this Plaintext 2 XML scenario.

Regards,

Nitin Patil

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>As Text Payload is coming from another PI System to our PI System, I need to use XI Adapter.

Do one thing. Use SOAP Adapter instead of XI adapter. Post the data to second PI HTTP Adapter inbound Plain.

Now you can use the generic MessageTransformBean (Plain2XML) in the SOAP adapter.

Indirect link ( check my blog): [Calling ABAP Proxies using SOAP and HTTP Adapters in SAP XI3.0/PI7.0|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/17428] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

This should even work for PI to PI. But consider the factors which I mentioned in the blog.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> As Text Payload is coming from another PI System to our PI System, I need to use XI Adapter.

Put the conversion in the sending PI system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We did work around long back but writing it now.

From Sender PI system non XML file is stored at the receiver PI System shared directory and then File is picked up from there by File adapter and FCC is used to convert the file to XML.

Thanks.