Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving a file to an external system from MII server

former_member201407
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Here we are trying to save a file (say XML file) to an external file system using XMLSaver Action block in BLS. But it seems not working even though we put the file path as
<serverIP>\<Folders>\<Filename>.xml and the remote folder is set as Shared folder and has permission for writing back to be allowed to all users.

Please Note : We can directly create, delete etc in the file system itself, but from MII XMLSaver it can not be done.

Any idea? Or is there any better solution for sending a file to an external system from MII server?

Regards

Som

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sidnooradarsh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Som,

Ensure that file access permission is set to Everyone on shared folder (I assume both mii and remote system are within same domain).

Else, you can go for secured/authenticated FTP for file transfer.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Adarsh

former_member201407
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh

Nope, MII system and the external file system are running on different domain. And the shared folder has already permission for Everyone.

For FTP, we need to use only FTP Output action, right? If yes, please let me know what to write in the FTP Output Configuration.

Suppose the ext. system has FTP host with IP 1.1.1.1

And it has a remote folder called TestFolder.

MII server has an XML file with the file path : web:
<ProjFolder>\<Filename>.xml which needs to be written back to that above ext system

So we put the configuration details as follows

IP - 1.1.1.1

Port - 21

User Name - <user>

Password - <pswd>

Remote Folder - \TestFolder

Remote File - <Filename>.xml

Local File - web:
<ProjFolder>\<Filename>.xml

when its executed there is an error saying "File does not exist".

Please help how to fix this.

Regards

Som

sidnooradarsh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Som,

Yes, you need to use FTP output action.

The Configuration looks good but I am not sure whether FTP will be able to pull file from web folder. so instead try saving your file where your MII is installed like C:\

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Adarsh

former_member201407
Participant
0 Kudos

Its solved easily with FTP. FTP really rocks for file handling between two different systems.

Regards

Som

Answers (0)