cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

price shown to buyer not requestor ? why?

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all

i have this question for a thought sharing. The question coud be silly.

Requestor has many source of supply for one material .

450001 contract -> MM 12000 - 12.45 USD / EA - VENDOR HUTCH with other terms

450002 contract -> MM 12000 - 44.56 USD /EA - VENDOR AIRTEL with other terms

450003 contract -> MM 12000 - 64.56 USD /EA - VENDOR ROGERS with other terms

now requestor just can see al these above contracts made available for 12000 material but requestor can not see the best price form all three vendors since our buyers negotiated a contract with terms and conditions.

if the requestor selects 450003 and PO created , is it a loss to company ?

but if the requestor did not assign any sos (upon sourcing config) , sc would come to cockpit but Buyer has facility to compare all the prices and assign a lowest price as HUTCH and PO created profit to the company.

Why SAP did not show price of the contracts to the requestors in the source of supply as a standard design ? only buyers enjoy this faciity not requestors like propose source of supply and compare prices.

what is the SAP stratergy here in the source of supply folder to the requestor?

br

Muthu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check this note.

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1412313

Regards,

Masa

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Masa

I am not asking in supplier list .

I am asking in shopping cart source of supply.

jay /sg :- Do you have any thoughts?

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

buyers negotiated a contract with terms and conditions.

I think this is exactly the reason - the buyer is the one who is in charge of operational or strategic sourcing, meaning where to procure the goods. Whereas requestor doesn't have to care about it. That's why these two have different roles in the business process. So regarding your doubt that if the goods ends up being purchased at a higher price, whether it is a loss to the company, the answer is "not necessarily" because there could exist a long term contract that has terms and conditions in addition to price. Such terms (I am making this up here) could be "this is a preferred vendor and we would like to keep a friendly long term relationship with them. So even if the price they provide is higher, we are going to purchase from them".

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jay . I could not award pts now due to some issue.. i do the same.

many contracts different value. let me test the data with cockpit and get back to you.

i wanted to who does the job well requestor (contract 3 nos) with out assign and with assign high vaue and compare prices in the cockpit and get back to you for further discusion.

i dont get option to award a pointd for you in this thread. you are deserved to get a point.but i could not award you due to technical reason..

br

muthu

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks masa

i am discussing this on shopping cart not in the supplier list.

i could not award any pnts to any one due to poit rew ard not shown in the left pane side for only this thread.

muthu

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay ,

THIS WONDERFUL FACILITY IS AVAILABLE IN SRM 700 for the requestor.

Requestor could see the prices in the contract via SOURCE OF SUPPLY folder in the shopping cart. this facility is really not avaialble in SRM 550 SP15.

GREAT SAP. Better late than never.

This gives more visibility to buyer and transparency requestor too..

Muthu