cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Structure Solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I'm reading about Document Structure and I have a question.

I wanna create a Structure (1) for user and they only base on this structure to create new Document Structure themself

I mean Structure (1) is something like the process and user just base on this...

Can I create this ? And where can I create this in DMS.

For example:

I have a Structure (1) [not Document Structure]

A (1)

|

|____|B (2)

|____|C (2)

|____|_________D (3)

A,B,C,D are Document type

And when user create Document DIR they have to base on this Structure (1)

I try to make my problem clearly with everyone... But so hard to get it. If you don't understand me you can ask for more information.

Regard

An NLP

Edited by: An NLP on Mar 18, 2010 3:16 AM

Edited by: An NLP on Mar 18, 2010 3:17 AM

Edited by: An NLP on Mar 18, 2010 3:18 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all

I've known that before I posted this thread. I wanna find out another way with posting this problem in forum. So we cannot use standard SAP system to solve it...

Anyway, I'm so glad when you care my thread

Regards

P/s: Have a good weekend! ( in my country,it's end of Friday now)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear An NLP

honestly, I didn't understood your requirement at all.

provide more details.

Regards

Amaresh Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amaresh Makal

Thanks for your caring my problem. I use another example and hope you can understand what I want.

A,B,C,D are Document Types.

And have a rule: A must have B,C,D

I mean

When users create a document in Document Type A, they have to create the documents in other Document Types: B,C,D.

And document in A is only released when the documents in B,C,D are released.

I want a structure (like Document Structure) for Document Type and it is used for all of documents in that Document Type.You should notice that I'm talking about Document Type not Document

Maybe, It's impossible to do because I can't find out anything to link the Document Types in DMS.

Finally, If it cannot be done and do you think SAP DMS need a system like that ?

Regards

An NLP

Former Member
0 Kudos

NLP, this is possible and requires custom coding there is no standard out of box solution to my knowledge.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear An NLP

This is not possible in standard SAP. You need to discuss this with your technical consultants (ABAP). ABAP consultant have to write code/ program to achieve this.

Good luck.

Regards

Amaresh Makal