Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Many versions affect GOA peformance-?

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

many items may performance of contract ? what about many versions of GOA?

What SAP says?

Shall we hammer the GOA as much as we like ?

What are the practical difficulties we may face if i maintain more versions.

i have seen max so far 7 version maximum?

customers does not like to create a new GOA rather than hitting the same GOA again and agian. it is truely inscrutable?..

autobots:- plz share your thoughts ?

Thanks

Muthu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

customers does not like to create a new GOA rather than hitting the same GOA again and agian. it is truely inscrutable?..

You could control the version management by going through SPRO

SRM Server -> Cross application basic settings -> switch on version controls for puchasing document

You could turn versioning off for GOA(contract). Then you wouldn't see multiple historical versions when you re-releasing GOAs.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No Jay ..We want to track what and who and when ...

it is not a robust practice to deactivate.

will GOA revision impacts / hammering GOA many times decrease the GOA performance or not.

appending a new material etc. then object link lost like that then release value not updates. so many bad stuffs.

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Change Document is also an option to track down who changed what and when.

In general, I would think historical document wouldn't hit performance hard because it is not keeping a complete copy of the document, but only references mostly. Especially with your maximum number of 7 versions, that's not too many.

But a large number of line items could be a performance bottleneck. What's the higher end of your line item number?

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i have seen 400-500 items

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

400-500 line items alone are not too many either in my opinion. What about the sets for items, such as conditions, attachments, long texts etc? The load could increase if you have multiple heavy sets attached to each item. What could probably help the performance is also the option to process document in the background instead of holding up dialog processes.

SPRO -> SRM Server -> Cross application basic settings -> Define threshold value for background processing.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Opps !!

we dont have that options in SRM 550 sp15.

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry. I keep forgetting that.

One reasonable thing to do is to raise the issue with SAP with a concrete example GOA that has bad performance. Sometimes SAP might come up with some consulting solution for you.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is totally depend upon the BADI code wriitten in SRM as well as in R/3 side. With my experience I woul prefer to use line item less than 1000. There are huge number of notes which are released for performance optimization. For ex If there is a material GOA and has 5 conditions ( periodic) the system runs a loop for that material 5 times ( during mapping). If you have a GOA for 1000 line items the system run the loops for 5000 times. There is maximum possibility of time out during approval and transfer.

Please don't use the function module BBP_PROCDOC_GETDETAIL for continous looping call only once in badi code.

Make sure ITEM_CHECK_BADI is utilized minimal for GOA. During Approval of contract it takes huge time sometime it may also get into Time out error.

Advise user to stop using 999999999999999 like this for qty field. There will be arithmetic overflow dump in the backend. Maintaining more versions shouldn't be a problem but make sure the change at condition level is minimal.