BAR CODE

material NO

material desc

bin location

quantity

date/time

Now for the bar code,the specification are as follows:

Code128A Font min size 28

For this BAR CODE,do i need to use the std system bar code C128A or C128A_00??

Also do I need to create a template in my smartform for the above format of the label or a table would be appropriate?

Also the bar code is a combination of 2 fields i.e. Item No and TO no.So in the text node for the bar code i will write the comcatenated value of these 2 fields and include the bar code smart style ...But how will this ensure that BAR CODE isprinted in form of thin lines? Is the BAR code prnted in form of line due to printer setting or I have to write something exclusively in smartform?

Also,do i need to use zebra printer for label printing or normal Laser printer will suffice?

Please advice.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moderator message - Please do not post your requirements and ask the forum to do your work for you - post locked Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ram,

Through laser printer it is not possible....

If you are having ZEBRA Printer you can design the label in the ZEBRA DESIGNER that has been provided by ZEBRA.

After designing the form you save it as a text file by selecting the File Menu-> Print option.

Then you select the text file coding and paste it into SMARTFORMS and assign the variable for the respective fields...

Then use this function module in your driver program and execute it.

In the same way,

If you are using the PRINTRONIX Printer you will have to design the label by using the NIice Label software.

And the rest of the procedure is same...

Hope this will help you to move further...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You say

Through laser printer it is not possible....

Can you explain why? As far as I can see this requirement is possible using regular smartform and a laser printer.

Regards,

Nick