cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit Word Document stored in BDS through ABAP WebDynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Currently, my company has an ECC 6 program very similar to SAPRDEMO_FORM_INTERFACE. This program takes a word form and populates it with various bits of data for the end user. The user can then edit this document as they see fit and save it to the BDS system against a Material.

The current requirement is to replicate this functionality through a WebDynpro program. SAP does have a demo WebDynpro program IOS_TEST_WORDPROCESSING under package SIOS. Within Method WDDOMODIFYVIEW of view TEST_VIEW_WORDPROC, the program takes the URL of a MIME repository object (which is a word document) and displays that document. I tried to replicate this functionality by using the URL and content of the document using the CL_BDS_DOCUMENT_SET; however I am unsuccessful in getting this document to display. No matter what I do, I cannot seem to get the BDS document to display.

Does anyone know how to display and edit BDS documents through WebDynpro? Any help that you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help.

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi All,

>

> Currently, my company has an ECC 6 program very similar to SAPRDEMO_FORM_INTERFACE. This program takes a word form and populates it with various bits of data for the end user. The user can then edit this document as they see fit and save it to the BDS system against a Material.

>

> The current requirement is to replicate this functionality through a WebDynpro program. SAP does have a demo WebDynpro program IOS_TEST_WORDPROCESSING under package SIOS. Within Method WDDOMODIFYVIEW of view TEST_VIEW_WORDPROC, the program takes the URL of a MIME repository object (which is a word document) and displays that document. I tried to replicate this functionality by using the URL and content of the document using the CL_BDS_DOCUMENT_SET; however I am unsuccessful in getting this document to display. No matter what I do, I cannot seem to get the BDS document to display.

>

> Does anyone know how to display and edit BDS documents through WebDynpro? Any help that you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help.

>

>

> John

John,

use CL_HTTP_CLIENT instead to get the document from external URL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please let me know, if you find the solution to the above mention problem. I am trying to replicate the same scenario in ABAP webDynpro.

Thanks in advance.