cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

logging on to specific instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I am a new learner and try to clearify few things about logon concept. Is it possible to logon to specific instance where all the instance are part of LogonGroup? In my understanding each time we log on , the dispatcher will send the logon screen with the help of MS..for that instance which as better performance. Lets say, I have ci, apps1,apps2,apps3....and so on.can i logon to apps3? or ci directly directly through gui? if so please let me know how. The reason i am asking this is because, I wondered how we can stop only one spefific instance from SAP(rz03)...i assume that we have to be logged on to the specific server, core

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DK, you can't stop logging in to specific instance even if logon group is not defined for that particular instance. However you can restrict users after making the dialog process to 0 in instance.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DK,

Yes,you can logon to particular instance once login as normally.Go to SM51 and click on any particular instance and click remote logon(Ctrl + Shift + F8)

Thanks,

Gopi L

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it possible to logon to specific instance where all the instance are part of LogonGroup?

Yes. Use transaction SMLG to define the logon group/s, assign the application servers you want to use for logon to those groups.

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can able login to the any specific instance thru GUI.

all you have to do is add direct entries in sap gui

For example:

application server name: ci

system number:00

sid: <SID>

application server name: appls1

system number:01

sid: <SID>

Regards,

Maheshwer