cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI and App Streaming

Former Member
0 Kudos

I looked in the Service Marketplace and here and couldn't find anything on this question. The question is: Can SAP GUI be delivered by either Microsoft (App-V/MDOP) or Citrix (XenApp) app streaming? Does SAP support this? I'll venture a guess it works, but it's not supported.

Thanks!

Jeff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

According to [SAP Note 66971|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/66971], "The usage of SAP GUI for Windows in conjunction with other virtualization products like Microsoft App-V (Softgrid) is currently not supported."

Regards,

Sean

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reply I just received from SAP is:

We have tested Softgrid and we recieved many problems.

Microsoft is involved, but we have no solutions for the problems.

Therfore the Softgrid or MS APP-V is not released for the use with

the SAP Gui.

So, it doesn't sound promising....

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for following this up, I think there will be a few people out there interested in this topic.

We're in the process of rolling out Windows 7, and are looking at the deployment options for SAPGUI 7.20. We are using App-V 4.6 64bit for some applications, but from the sounds of your feedback it doesn't sound like SAPGUI is going to be one of them.

Even for a physical SAPGUI installation, we are facing some issues where OLE connections (using the ABAP statement CREATE OBJECT) are failing if the target application is deployed using App-V, so this may also impact whether we can use App-V for Office (Excel, Word) and OpenText (Livelink Viewer) and similar applications that the GUI calls via OLE.

If you find out anything else at Sapphire, please let us know.

Cheers,

Jon

Rudi_Wiesmayr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This is what my collegue asked me and what I now ask you...

Kind regards, Rudi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any updates from SAP or Microsoft regarding the ability to sequence with App-V 4.6?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any updates from SAP or Microsoft regarding the ability to sequence with App-V 4.6?

Former Member
0 Kudos

See this thread;

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/appvgeneralsequencing/thread/d55fe4b6-580b-4c7b-b54...

Key steps for succesfully providing SAP with App-V are;

Open a new command prompt.

Create new folder: Q:\<suite name>\SAP\Common Files

Move (not copy) the following files from C:\Windows\system32 to Q:\<suite name>\SAP\Common Files: librfc32.dll, SAPbtmp.dll, icuin34.dll, and libsapu16vc80.dll

From Control Panel, add Q:\<suite name>\SAP\Common Files to the PATH environment variable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may want to try my recipe for SAPGui 7.20 with update 6 and BEX Analyzer on the MS forum. I have livelink viewer working also.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/appvgeneralsequencing/thread/a9fbe7e9-ce7b-484e-93e...

Cheers,

-Chone

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a SAP message yesterday. We'll see what SAP says. I'm also at Sapphire next week so I'll ask there. I'll post back to this thread when I get an answer.

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was hoping one of the SAP folks on this forum would have answered this... I chatted with some of my Microsoft contacts and it doesn't appear that it's officially supported yet and there are issues with Office integration that are being worked. I guess I'll open a SAP message. I'll post back what I find...

Jeff

0 Kudos

Jeff, did you resolve this? I have had a partner ask the same question and didn't want to double-up with another message.

Cheers. Des.

0 Kudos

Bump. Looking everywhere for information on this also and can't find a thing.