cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle installation 8.1.7 hangs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there.

I install Oracle 8.1.7. on Win2003 and installation hangs in part Network connections.

Did anybody find the same?

Best regards,

Stan

Message was edited by: Stanislav Sedlar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

8.1.7 was never supported on Windows 2003.

The earliest version of Oracle supported on Windows 2003 was something after with 9.2.0.3 - in other words the newest 9.2.0 patchset plus hotfix will do the job.

the biggest problem in 8.1.7 installation was the Java Runtime they used in this version. It had have several problems on windows 2000 specially when new running on actual hardware. Crashes, hangs where normal.

One general issue is clicking arround with your mouse. It might happen, that a dialog Box without icon in the taskbar gots hidden behind other dialogs. It's not so easy to get it back into front.

If the installation of the software did finish and you where struggeling with the network setup (running network configuration assistant) you might try to stop the installation and try to run network configuration assistant manually.

Nevertheless I recommend to go with Oracle 9.2

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you performing installation remotely ? Dont use any remote desktop utility which provide different session. Use either Dameware or tight VNC which provide shared session for installation.I suggest you to perform local installation if possible.

-sujit

cwcheong
Explorer
0 Kudos

1. pls ensure you are able to ping <your hostname> and access start -> run ->
<hostname> without any issue on permission.

2. ensure your network card is working and assigned with an ip address.

hope this will help and revert.

Steven

Former Member
0 Kudos

this won't help