Lockbox -Residual item - Reason code - FLB2
I would appreciate if you could help me on the following.
1. During lockbox processing (FLB2), will SAP create residual item for invoices with partial payments?
2. If yes, will SAP populate reason code as well?
3. Is there any configuration that need to be maintained for lockbox to create residual item and populate reason code?
1. The over payment will create a credit residual item on customer account if it is over the tolerance limit. You can issue this credit memo number to customer that they can use on their next payment.
2. The reason code population can be done in several different ways depending on requirement. In our company, whenever there is partial payment, bank identifies it and put an external reason code (Bank's own code) on the BAI2 file. In configuration you can map the external code to an internal SAP reason code.Here is where you do the configuration for that in img - financial accounting- AR/AP- business transactions-incoming payments- incoming payments global settings- over payment/under payment-define conversion of reason codes.
Most bank will be able to make this population for you. If this does not work, you will have to ask your abaper to input the logic to identify the partial payment depending on the document amount and populate the reason code.