Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTPS without certificates in SOAP sender adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using SOAP to PROXY sync scenario.

The HTTP security level at the sender SOAP adapter has been chosen as "HTTPS with client authentication" and the SELECT SECURITY PROFILE parameter is uncheck.(No certificates has been referred)

The interface is working fine in PRODUCTION.

But when I am trying to develop the same kind of interface in DEV using "HTTPS with client authentication" the webservice is not executed, However when I change the SECURITY LEVEL to "HTTP" It is working fine.

Please suggest me how to resolve it.

Please note that no certificates has been used in the PRODUCTION.

I have also referred help.sap, but unable to find the solution.

Thanks,

Nitin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neetesh,

Could u please suggest me where do I need to maintain the userID and PAssword in PI server.

The userID I am using to invoke the webservice already exists in PI server.

Do I need to maintain the userID in any specific location in PI server.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nitin,

Could u please suggest me where do I need to maintain the userID and PAssword in PI server.

It is maintained in the ABAP stack - su01.

The userID I am using to invoke the webservice already exists in PI server.

Do I need to maintain the userID in any specific location in PI server.

I guess both of us are talking about the same place of maintaining the users

Have you tried using SOAPUI (or similar tool)? Are you getting any error messages?

regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Please test your scenario in DEV using soapUI and check the adapter logs in RWB and you'll see th error details there (and as it is sync call you'll see error details in soapUI too).

For 'HTTPS with client authentication --

1. you will have to import client cert in PI trust store and

2. webservice userID needs to be used from client/soapUI

HTH.

Regards,

Sach

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nitin,

But when I am trying to develop the same kind of interface in DEV using "HTTPS with client authentication" the webservice is not executed, However when I change the SECURITY LEVEL to "HTTP" It is working fine.

Since you are using "HTTPS with client authentication", have you maintained the user id / password in PI server? It will work fine with HTTP because no client authentication is being done.

Hope this helps.

regards,

Neetesh

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nitin,

I don't know what error are you getting. Just a small help - use tcpgw tool to trace the error

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2007/03/29/troubleshooting-soap-http-and-mail-adapter-scenarios-with-tcpgateway

~raj.