CUP 5.3 (SP9) CUP request form confusion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

There are two ways to create a CUP request as I know:

(1) Use a CUP link in the Request Access screen to create a CUP request

(2) CUP>My Work>Create Request

Here I have a question:

What are the differences between these two request forms? Obviously, the appearance is different in each request form. In what situation do we use each form?

A little background:

Our business requirement goes; a person (security admin) who is creating a CUP request for other people does risk analysis and mitigates the user if there is any risk violation before submitting to the 1st stage approver (manager).

My problem:

When creating a CUP request with an option (1), I cannot run risk analysis since there is no "Risk Analysis" button. I don't think this is configurable.

On the other hand, I can do risk analysis with the option (2). But, with the option (2), there is only so much I can customize. Whatever I customize in CUP>Configuration>Request Form Customization, it only changes the option (2) form but not the option (1) form. For example, I want the manager name field mandatory, but CUP won't let me do it for the option (1).

Please share your knowledge why there are two request forms available in CUP and how I can make them fit into our business requirement (risk analysis when requesting and set mandatory fields as we want).

Thanks,

HM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HM,

Option 1: End user request form ->

It should be used by all the users and offcourse CUP does not allow end users to run risk analysis for their requests. All the customization made through end user personalization will show up in this form.

Option 2: Approver view request form ->

This request form should not be used by all the users. It is only intended to be used by power or advanced users. As you can fill the form with any kind of fake details here.

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alpesh,

Okay. So, we should consider the option 2 (Approver view request form) for our CUP setup since:

(1) We want the requestor to do risk analysis before submitting a request.

(2) The requestor will not be a general end user (but security personnel).

We would like to customize the request form, but it seems that we need to give up on that if we go with the option 2.

Thanks!

HM

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's correct. You won't be able to customize the approver view request form.

Alpesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

What if you use the end user request form, do an automated risk analysis, and do a detour to the requester in case of SoD only?

Looks like the best of both worlds

Frank.