cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass interfaces: BPM or RFC wrapper

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

My scenario is HTTP->XI->RFC. Sender interface has collection of objects. SAP side has BAPI that works with one object. For example BAPI like CHANGE, CREATE doesn't take collection.

What is the best design - to emulate mass interfaces in BPM(forEach block) or to create a RFC wrapper that takes collection and executes BAPI for each object?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

The best option in any scenario is to avoid BPM. So if you can create a wrapper RFC it will be a better option.

regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From performance point to view wrapper RFC is a better option. But if you are looking for a synchronous response then you need to consider possible 'timeouts' aswell

Regards

Anand

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can also try creating an IDOC

(which will invoke your bapi inside)

and post then all in a bundle

(even from BPM)

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

it many not be very easy to design a BAPI

for many messages and with IDOC approach

you just need one - so more or less standard

and you can post then as in my weblog

BTW

your scenario has to be async of course for this

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have developed a couple of interfaces using both wrapper class some using BPM. But the one using wrapper were in more in to conditional verfication and sorting such kind of things which were more easier dealing on R/3 side.

So depends, i prefer using BPM though but some cases its more easier other way.

Vara

[Please reward for posting]