cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change input fields of used component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am creating a web dynpro and don't have a lot of experience so I hope you can help me.

I am using the component /PLMU/WDC_SEA_QS_CRIT_DO which contains an input field OBJECT_TYPE.

How can I enable this field in my web-dynpro?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Daisy Heremans

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the enhancement I cann't set the interface flag .. ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you can't set the interface property of node in enhancement then there is another way.

Keep the node as it is.

Keep some static class attribute for enable \ disable.

Set this static class attribute in your component and use this attribute in used component ( any of post\ pre overwrite methods ) to set this attribute value to the attribute which is bound to UI element enabled property.

@ thomas: any inputs from your side, can we achieve this in any other way apart from enhancement through personalization \ component configuratio etc ?

Regards

Manas Dua

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI mapping in layout to context field is also done thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes if this should work it would solve my issue ... I did the change used WDUI_VISIBILITY in the enhancement used default 02 created the same context ( flag interface selected) in my web dynpro and put the default to 01 ... am I missing some thing?

But still the enhanced component is not called when I start my web dynpro ... ( enhancement is active ) ???

Thanks.

Best regards,

Daisy Heremans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is active ... but not used and I don't want the enhancement to be used always but only in my web-dynpro.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Daisy Heremans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess enhancements is valid for anyone who is using this component.

Another way could be to create an interface node in used WD component, create one attribute of type WDY_BOOLEAN and bind this attribute to prop enabled of input field.

By default set the prop of this attr to abap_true.

Now you do a mapping of this interface node in your component and set a value of this attr to abap_false.

In this way, based on this attribute value one can change the field appearance.

Regards

Manas Dua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the help I did this but how do I use this enhancement now instead of using the standard component?

Best regards,

Daisy Heremans

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your enhancement is activated, then you don't have to do anything special.

Just create the component usage in same way as you were doing it earlier.

Regards

Manas Dua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your reply !!!

Yes I want to enable a field of the used component and there is no mapping in the context there is a container in the view and the linking for this container is in the window.

The problem is that the field contains multiple values and we don't want the user to be able to change the value of this field.

Using type ref to if_wd_component_usage I could find back the fields used in the component but it's very deep ....

Still trying to enable it ... so if you have a good idea ...

Thanks.

Best regards,

Daisy Heremans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create an enhancement for this used component where in you can disable the reqd field.

Regards

Manas Dua

Edited by: Manas Dua on Mar 18, 2010 12:52 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daisy,

Could you please elaborate your scenario? Do you want to enable field of the 'Used Component'? For doing that you need to have access to the view reference or the node-attribute (if the property is bound to a context). In case you don't have both, it will not be possible. Please check if it is possible through any IMG conf.

Best regards,

Abir