Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimizer failure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Optimizer Experts,

The scenario is like as follow -

Material X extended to location A & B, in optimizer we dont want X to be planned at A, therefore we have excluded location A from optimizer variant. But location B exist in variant because we want the planning at locaion B.

Now the optimizer is throwing error "Material master not created" & message no. /sapapo/snp042

For your information we have set the SDP relevance indicator to 1 for the location A.

Please share your valuable feedback.

Thanks

Sumit Kalyan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks to all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

"Material X extended to location A & B,.." How you did this in R/3 or created manually in APO (for testing)?.. I hope if you reciffed your material after extending in R/3. Check your product location is assigned to the active model.

Thanks,

Satyajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyajit,

Why cant i extend the same product to two different locations????

I have not understood your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even I am confused.. I never said that you cant extend the meterial to different locations. I am saying If you have done this in R/3 then the changed think should be reflected in APO. Thats fine you dont need to assign it to a model. But if you created this in APO then dont forget to assign it to the model. Check your material is assigned to a active model for that concerned location.

Thanks,

Satyajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyajit,

I have checked the Model, ALLL IS WELLL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sumit,

ALL IS WELL.. feeling good. One more thing did you check the consistency for your model (/SAPAPO/CONSCHK) and please check for your time series consistency (/SAPAPO/TSCONS).

Thanks,

Satyajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Assuming that you are using a Cost Based Optimizer, there are number of ways to exclude Material A from picking up by the Optimizer, you can use anyone you feel is fit to meet your requirment.

1) Define a Very high Non delivery Penalty for Location B and zero Penalty for Location A

2) Block the transportation Lane for that Materials from Location A

3) Mark the Material at Location A as " Flag for deletion" this is to be done in ECC and then CIFed to APO

Try any of these options it should work.

Thanks,

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Assuming that you are using a Cost Based Optimizer, there are number of ways to exclude Material A from picking up by the Optimizer, you can use anyone you feel is fit to meet your requirment.

1) Define a Very high Non delivery Penalty for Location B and zero Penalty for Location A

2) Block the transportation Lane for that Materials from Location A

3) Mark the Material at Location A as " Flag for deletion" this is to be done in ECC and then CIFed to APO

Try any of these options it should work.

Thanks,

Harsh