cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the URL of an webservice?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

How can I change the URL of an WSDL in my VC Model without deleting the webservice and redefine all ports and port mapping.

Thanks in advance

Sebastian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a bug in Visual Composers Web Service discovering mechanism. Once a Service/Operaiton is added to your model and the Services URL changes, you won't be able to get this into your model as it is cached somehow.

The only workaround is to create a new DC as it seems only to be cached per DC...

former_member341000
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Did you try to use "Reload Component"? That's what should be used when such data is changed.

If you used "Redefine Ports" it's not enough to consider those changes.

Best regards,

Tal.

former_member341000
Participant
0 Kudos

If "Reload Component" doesn't work either you could try to delete the service and create it again.

You delete it by selecting Display: Data Services in the Manage Models panel, then select the service and delete it from the context menu.

You create it again by dragging it into your model from the Search panel.

However you can only delete the service if the DC is not in the DTR.

Best regards,

Tal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tal

I did reload component and it fails as the endpoit to which its url points no longer exist.

Deleting the service and dragging it into the model again fails also because of the above described bug.

We opened an OSS Message regarding to this issue and it is recognized as a bug which will be fixed in a later release. The only known way to reimport a new service endpoint of the same service operation is to do it in a new dc...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

If you'd like to continue modeling you should first right click on your service and chose 'Reload Component Metadata'.

I'f you'd like to change the WSDL URL and not to change the model but only to execute it, you can do it without my comment from above.

In case something is going wrong please open an OSS message in the regular way and we will intospect the problem deeply.

Best Regards,

Hezi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ohh, now I got you.

You should go to NWA>SOA>Destination Template Management and there to mark the web service destination that you've create, press on the 'edit' button and change the URL to the new one.

Regards,

Hezi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi hezi,

yes thats excactly what I did. But afterwords if you go back to your VC model and right click ob your service and chose configure you will still see the olf endpoint url of the web service, which canot be changed. (Unfortunately its not possible to add an Screenshot in die Forum).

It seems than the the destination template is only used, to find the web service, but not for the later comunication, because the url is hardcoded in the model.

Best Regards Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sebastian,

It depends what you have changed in the content of the WSDL:

If you did not add/remove service operation/s, than you can just right click on the service and choose 'reload component metadata'. By this action Visual Composer will re-discover the service metadata and redefine all the ports. The mapping should be manually changed by you.

In case you add/remove service operation you should clear the web service connector cache.

Please refer to SAP Note #1123574.

Thanks and Regards,

Hezi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hezi,

the WSDL with its operations an all data fields stays the same. Only the URL of the services hast changed.

If I choose configuere, the WSDL URL is displayed but cannot be changed. That'ss my problem.

Best Regards

Sebastian