Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD with CTS+

Former Member
0 Kudos

PI 7.1 with local SLD

CTS+

Hi,

If CTS+ is used to transport SLD objects from source to target, do we still need to define Transport Targets in SLD? Or will the import process automatially map corresponding business systems in the target SLD based on information in CTS+ system?

Regards

Shehryar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Karin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

CTS+ is made for exprting objects in a source system (SLD in your case), attach the exported file to a transport request and then start the import from CTS (STMS_QUEUES). CTS+ does neither do any automatic synchronization nor provide the landscape configured in TMS to any other system orapplication

Kind regards

Karin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shehryar

Actually I have been looking into this in further detail - if I read CTS+ documentation for SLD correctly the idea is to use this as a method of distributing SLD objects such as technical systems, business systems, software components, and products

however what I think you are proposing is transporting parts of the objects i.e changes/updates/new config

between existing business systems - this probably is only possible if the original object was created by a CTS transport import line

That said if it is required to define transport targets or indeed there is a possibility to specify the any target object you like then certainly this should be done.

Best wishes

Stuart