cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy to webservice error while posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a asynchronous Proxy to Webservice scenario.

I am getting an error in receiver communication channel.

1> ......Message processing started

2> .......request entering

3>........call completed

4> .......error in response

5> ...... Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: SOAP:response message contains an error XIAdapter/PARSING/ADAPTER.SOAP_EXCEPTION - soap fault: Server was unable to process request. ---> Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

My queries are

if this is Asynchronous scenarion, why I am getting a point 4? WSDL is of Sync type but I am using it as Async.

what can be done to remore this error descripted above.

Please help me to sort out his issue.

Regards,

Sumit Gupta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you sure that the request that you are sending through the SOAP Channel as per the WSDL actually hosted by the target system.

It may happen that the structure (or data content) of your message from PI does not match with the one expected by the target application.

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Though you are calling the service asynchronously, in case of errors the fault message would be reported back by the adapter. I do not think you can get rid of this error unless you find the cause of the error and clear it. The object reference not set to an instance of an object usually comes in dot net services for not properly initializing an object of a class.

VJ