cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass deleting product specific transportation lanes

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am trying to use MASSD transaction for mass deletion flag of T lanes. Can someone explain what component and attributes should I enter in selection criteria and components and attributes to be maintained?

I am doing product u2013 product in u201Cselection criteriau201D

Product u2013 block indicator in u201Ccomponents and attributes to be maintainedu201D

When I set fixed value to u201CDu201D and save, itu2019s giving me lot of warning and error messages. I doubt if I am using the right selection criteria

Example of error messages:

LANE (Product) : Time-based validities overlap

LANE (Means of Transport) : The validities of means of transportation XXXXX overlap

LANE (Product) : Product X does not exist in source location Y

Thx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

closing thread

Edited by: SCM0925 on Apr 30, 2010 9:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your T-lane for the end date.. is it laying in the past?

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Start date is in 2002 and end date is 12/31/9999

Former Member
0 Kudos

For all the product (u selected in MASSD)?..

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes..for all the products

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, no clue as of now

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Satyajit, thanks for ya help.repped you for your time and help

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Bump..

Any one have any idea on this error

"The validities of means of transportation XXXX overlap"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SCM 0925,

"LANE (Product) : Product X does not exist in source location Y" .. You need to check the product in location Y. I beleive in loc Y it doesnt exit. You need to delete this product from the T-lane Y > X (if you selected for all product). It will reduce some of your other error msg. Check the validities.

Thanks,

Satyajit

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Satyajit,

Could you please elaborate more?

The product i specified in MASSD is different and the error messages shows a different product.

for example, I say set block indicator to product A specific T-Lane and I click save.

error message shows Product X is not in location Y.

I do not understand how product X is related here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had simliar issue and I remember in version 5.0, noramlly all the errors assoicated with the lanes would be shown, which needed to be sorted out.

Regards,

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

SCM0925,

"The product i specified in MASSD is different and the error messages shows a different product" Thats true, But while you do MASSD, its check for the lane, so, the lane from Y to 'your desti loc.' contain a product which is not present at Y. Its an inconsistency. Now can you please tell us whether you deleted that product and tried MASSD?

Thanks,

Satyajit

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Satyajit,

I deleted the product from location Y and tried MASSD again, still it shos some errors.

Main error being

LANE (Means of Transport) : The validities of means of transportation XXXX overlap

what does this error mean? I cjhecked the vality for both product specific trans lane and means of transport. they both are same. even if I want to change it in change mode, its greyed out.

I just checked one more material and it did not show any error message. but when I go check in SCC_TL1, i dont see "D" set for that product. do u know why it did not carry over from massd? Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your massd transaction I hope you selected: business object: Transportation Lane and selection criteria you choose model, start loc, and destiloc. Now component and attribute to be maintain field you should choose the the row: 'block indicator and component /SAPAPO/S_TRPRODIO, and attribute SPRKZ. Then executed.

You should then go to product tab: set fixed value (whatever u like) and then you need to click the icon 'make change' (left corner). Then choose save in the background icon.

Thanks,

Satyajit

Edited by: Satyajit Patra on Mar 17, 2010 8:26 PM

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Satyajit,

This is what exactly I did. I save in background and then i went to scc_tl1 to check if delete indicator was set to that product specific lane. But it still shows "available".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dont check immediately after your job finished. Wait for a minitue and then check.

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Checked again, still it shows "Available"

backgroiund job says successfull with a green light consistent data saved. still its not getting carrid over to the scc_tl1 screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can save in the foreground (there is another 'save' button at the top). It will work. after saving wait for few sec, while checking the lane.

Thanks,

Satyajit

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

I did foreground save this time and it throwed an error

"LANE (Product) : Time-based validities overlap"

what does this mean? and how to resolve this? Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before you can delete any transportation Lane you have to first delete all orders on that Product specific Lane, like Sales Orders, PRs, Planned Orders, Production Orders etc. Unless this is not done system will not allow you to remove that Product from the Lane. Although it is possible to use Transaction /sapapo/rlcdel to remove that orders , but if the orders are coming from ECC then they have to be removed in ECC side.

Putting the block Indicatos is the best way to ensure that product is not picked up in deployment for the Source location.

Once the above criteria is met then you can use T. Code /SAPAPO/TR_DELTRPR, first run it in Simulation mode then remove the Simulation tick and Execute. This will delete all Product specific Transportation Lane. Do not use Massd it can be wvery risky.

Thanks,

Harsh

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Harsh kumar, I know what you are saying. But I wanna delete 500 lanes or so. I do not wanna do that manually for all the lanes.

so I am trying to use this massd transaction to set block indicator..

I set block indicator for some products and saved it in massd. I am getting the errors I pasted in my earlier post.