cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SC Approved but PO in Saved(Held) status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are using SRM 7.0. For some cases, when the SC is approved, the PO is going in to Saved(Held) status rather than Ordered status, though there is no approval for PO. We recently upgraded the system from SRM 4.0 to SRM 7.0. In SRM 4.0 all the POs were created in Ordered status when the SC is approved.

Did we miss any config. setting or any flag in the SC? Please help me out in this. Your help is more worth than points.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Vishnu Reddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

mike_bohammer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have also this strange behavior and see that a lot of post here has also this subject - but I found no solution.

Does anyone have meanwhile a solution?

From my side I can say that it has wokred fine, but since the new year nearly every PO stuck in the status SAVED, but when I go to EDIT > ORDER the PO is without any warnings/erros.

The last changes I have done was to the partner scheme and the printing conditions. My feeling is that the partner scheme is the reason and in dialog some procedures are processed which are not processed in background, but I haven't any idea how to analyse it.

Any new ideas or soltitions?

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have seen this behavious for future references, This would happen if there are any issues on the PO that you would not notice on the screen.

Pls go to BBP_PD and check the PO for errors and you will be able to figure out what exactly the issue.

- Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your replies.

Actually, I missed to inform that when the PO is in Saved status & when i click edit & order it, the PO is processed successfully. There is no error in the PO. In production there are almost 300 POs that are being manually ordered each day. Please help me out in this.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Vishnu Reddy

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu

thats why i am asking you it is a prefered vendor or fixed vendor in the sc?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

We use fixed vendor while creating the SC.

Thanks,

Vishnu

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

then it is a bug.

is it contract ?

create OSS message.

every PO if it happens what can you do ?

br

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vishnu,

Do all the PO's get into saved status or only certain PO's?

Check your workflow config is in sync with your Dev systems.

If the config is in sync and not all the PO's are going to saved status, better compare the correctly ordered PO and the one with saved status.

If there is no difference, As Muthu says, open an OSS message.

Thanks,

DV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

I am also facing this issue for some POs in our SRM System with Extended Classic Scenario.
SC fully approved - > PO created with fixed vendor with no erors but goes to Saved status - though it should be going to either Awaiting approval/Ordered Status.
But once I edit this automatically created PO and Order again manually from portal, it works fine with proper status.

Did you get any solution for the same ?
Please share/suggest.

Thanks in advance.

Gaurav Gupta

ricardo_cavedini
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can acess the PO created and edit it. After, press check button. If some field is missing, an error message will indicate the parameter.

Normally, vendor is missing, which prevents the PO to be ordered.

Kind regards,

Ricardo

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes. Is po has fixed vendor or not?

br

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vishnu,

I have seen PO's going into Held status after SC has been approved if some required fields in PO were not populated correctly. Did you check from Process Purchase Order and see if there are any outstanding errors that are preventing PO from getting ordered?

SG

Edited by: SRMUSER123 on Mar 17, 2010 6:17 PM