cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with SP4 Feature: Custom input validation task

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

has anyone else tried to implement the new feature to write own input validation tasks as descriped in "SAP IdM - Guide Extension Framework" ?

I don't know if I have missed something but I'm pretty sure that I have done everything as in the guide, but when I try to use the new class I don't get the error message ("Dummy error message, always thrown") but instead the usual confirmation.

However it seems the task was successfully deployed because when I type something else than "testcustomer.idm.impl.MyOnSubmit" into the "on task submit" field, I do get an error in the UI that attribute values could not be checked.

The only thing that is different on my system to the requirements stated in the guide is that I'm using NW 7.1 without the EHP1. Could that be the reason it doesn't work for me?

Thanks in advance!

BR

Sebastian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192665
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

make sure you have NW 7.1 SP4 installed. You might check the \usr\sap\SID\JCXX\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\tcidmjmxapp\servlet_jsp\idm\root\WEB-INF\lib directory. There must be a file called sap.comtcidmjmxextfwkassembly.jar.

Have you checked the logs? Have you tried to start the engine in debug mode and set a break point in your code?

I implemented this recently and it worked: http://kaidentity.blogspot.com/2010/03/java-input-validation-with-idm-71-sp4.html#comments

Cheers,

Kai

-

http://kaidentity.blogspot.com

Edited by: Kai Ullrich on Mar 24, 2010 10:12 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

thanks for your answer!

Yes I'm running 7.1 SP4. I checked for the file you mentioned, but I dont even have the path. Instead I found the quite similar path

\usr\sap\A00\J00\j2ee\cluster\apps\sap.com\tcidmjmx~app\servlet_jsp\idm\root\WEB-INF\lib

I copied the file there, but without any success. I still dont get any message when submitting a value.

In the log files I cannot find anything about this (at least not in \usr\sap\A00\J00\j2ee\cluster\server0\log. Are there any other log files for this? )

How can I use the debug mode you are talking about?

I also took a look at your blog post but I think I've done everything as you describe, except this:

"There was only one problem with it when I tried to make it run. The document says that the jar file sap.comtcidmjmxextfwk~default.jar needs to be added to the build path. In addition the ear needs a reference to a package which also contains this jar. On my installation, the example didn't run until I removed the jar from the war file that is inside the ear file."

Did you get an error on this or how did you find out about it?

Thanks again!

Sebastian

former_member192665
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.

Did you get an error on this or how did you find out about it?

Yes, instead of displaying the error message it displayed something like "cannot validate input". I think the reason is clear: Since the Extension Framework classes were there twice there was a classloader conflict.

I presume that you have installed SP4 for the runtime and designtime components but not for the UI. Check out the system information on the /index.html page of your NetWeaver installation.

Cheers,

Kai

-

http://kaidentity.blogspot.com/

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

okay, I didn't get this error.

No, I'm definitely running SP4 in the UI, too (1000.7.10.4.1.20100212094943).

And as I said, I do get an error, if a give a wrong class name in the "validation task" field.

Do you have any other ideas where the problem could be?

Thanks,

Sebastian

Edited by: Sebastian Bader on Mar 25, 2010 2:17 PM

Answers (0)