cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipment cost type and PO Assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Can any one tell where do we configure the Auto p.o TO be generated from MM side to LE out bound delivery.

Its important. Please help similarly how many shipments can we create refering to one delivery .Is it normal or any restriction is there .Please let me know.

Regards

VKS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check the following IMG path:

Logistics Execution --Transportation --Shipment Costs --Settlement ---Assign Purchasing Data

You can create three types of shipments in the entire transportation chain prelimary leg shipment, main leg shipment

and subsequent leg shipment.

each leg type of shipment again you have different types like inbound, outbound shipment etc

regards,

Ramana

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi guys,

>

> Can any one tell where do we configure the Auto p.o TO be generated from MM side to LE out bound delivery.

> Its important. Please help similarly how many shipments can we create refering to one delivery .Is it normal or any restriction is there .Please let me know.

>

> Regards

> VKS

Shipment cost type can be configured in the following node:

LE-> transportation -> shipment costs -> Define shipment cost document -> shipment cost types and item categories

or Tcode T_56.

The item category configuration contains control for PO creation. However, please note that only NB type PO gets created.

Based on reference shipment and item category for a shipment cost type, the system determines the valuation class to be used (for automatic expense GL determination).

The following path contains link between shipment and sipment cost type:

LE-> transportation -> shipment costs -> Define shipment cost document -> shipment cost relevance and default for shipment cost type or TCode T_57

The following path maintains the link between transportation planning point and the PO detail.

LE-> Transportation -> Shipment Costs -> Settlement -> Assign Purchasing Data or tcode T_53

The company code comes from the configuration of transportation planning point (in enterprise structure).

To answer your second question, shipments are created against outbound deliveries, Hence, the above link connects deliveries to SCD.

Third question: Normally deliveries and shipments have a many to one relationship, but you can have one delivery within one shipment.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Aroop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aroop,

Thanks for that prompt reply Refering to "The item category configuration contains control for PO creation. However, please note that only NB type PO gets created." I do understand we configure regarding the generation of PO but my question is where does that assignment done is it do we do or system it self links with the config we did at item category and shipment cost type?. If you look in to the config MM>purchasing>purchase order>Documentypes you find doc types of PO like UB ,NB ZSRV ETC .is this being linked with PO in LE?. Secondly if it is allowed only one shipment for one delivery ,im now able to create more than one shipment for delivery even after PGI and billing there is some thing wrong going on I believe? please check if u can under what circumstances does this happen.

Regards

VKS