Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basis: How to change passwords in ECC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am new to SAP practice and the following is my problem.

I am into basis and I have been trying to change password of a user using SU01.

I logged into Solman, executed SU01 and changed the password of a user working on an ECC system;

but it turns out he can log in using his old password. What went wrong here? Also is it necessary that the user

is a part of the CUA for me to be able to change his password from SolMan?

3 REPLIES 3

0 Kudos

Hi,

Meaning you have solman as your CUA parent system? it could be you have problem in you CUA configuration the ALE is not distributed correct, please to to SU01 and goto Environment -> distribution, check the output you can find error. some thing to do with RFC etc..

Arul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rossingh,

As per the issue, it seems that CUA is configured in Solman system and solman system itself is again a child system for CUA system. So the password which you have changed for the user who existed in Solman system. When you are changing the password for the user, you need to select the child system in which you need to be set as well.

Hope you are clear on this issue.

Regards,

Venkat

0 Kudos

....in addition: the password change has to be performed then on the entry screen of SU01, not on the logn data tab!

b.rgds, Bernhard