cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC 6.0 - EHP4 - Client Import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

This is a reimplementation project. Previous company has installed & configured ECC 6.0 - DEV/QAS systems (ABAP stack only).

Now, we want a fresh installation of DEV/QAS servers with ECC 6.0 - EHP4.

The management wants to restore all the developments & customizings of the old DEV system (done by previous implementing company) in one of the clients after the fresh installation of ECC 6.0 - EHP4.

My confusion is that if I take a client export of the existing DEV client & then reinstall ECC 6.0 with EHP4 (ABAP+JAVA stack), then will I be able to import the client export data (please note that this old client was ABAP stack only with no EHP) into this new server?

Please help me on this. What will be the way forward for this scenario?

Thanks & Regards,

Ashish Khanduri.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As rightly said above for ECC 6.0 with EHP4 you cannot install dual stack. You have to install ABAP and JAVA separetly. So, what I could suggest is

1) Your current ECC system instead of installing it freshly with ECC EHP4 and Importing client of old system (which is not recommended as there is lot of difference in patch levels) you directly apply EHP4 in current ECC system (which is ABAP) only.

2) If you need JAVA stack of ECC EHP4 then tale separate server and install it separately which will not have any impact on ABAP system.

Thanks & Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As sunny, sarath rightly said, we can not install Java add in for EHP4 with same SID,

This is the reason we can install the java add in for existing system ECC6.0 as a first step and upgrade to EHP4 for both ABAP and Java.

Thanks and Regards

Purna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashish

As you asking in your question about client copy.

Client copy will only copy your client specific customization. It will not copy any customer data dictionary developments e.g. Tables etc. and repository object such as reports.So in your case client copy is not a good option.

Coming to point of EHP4 (ABAP+JAVA). You can install Addin first for Java, then you can apply the EHP 4.

Thanks

Hardeep

nirmal_konchada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ashish,

What you can do is , do not install another system but u can upgrade the existing ECC 6 system to EHP4.

This is the right approach for your scenario.

Regards,

Nirmal.K

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

One most important point is that you cannot install dual stack system in EHP4. To install a system directly on EHP4, then you have to install ABAP and Java system with separate SID. This is the restriction from SAP Business Suit 7 system.

Also, How will you export config from old ECC system as both systems are on different patch level ?

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

We can do the following:

1. Configure Java addin for the existing ERP ABAP system

2. Perform EHP4 upgrade for ABAP+JAVA system.

Thanks and Regards

Purna