Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In PFCG - Org. Management button appears RED

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We are facing a problem to see the Org. Management button under Users tab of transaction PFCG. Even though we have perform the User Master Comparison with HR comparison option and perform user reconciliation through Org. management tab. But still this button appears Red. So our people are in animpression that the user comparison has not been done.

Please give your suggestion to find the issue and some workaround about this.

Your inputs are most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Raju

7 REPLIES 7

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Org. Management is there in PFCG to give you the similar kind of benefits when you are using the Indirect Org. Assignment option for HR roles. This need to be activated by maintaining a switch in table SSM_CUST. Please check the description of the switch INDIR_OGR_ACTIVE there. So , if you are not using HR Indirect Org. assignment in OM of Personnel Administration of HR then there is nothing to worry on seeing it red.

Regards,

Dipanjan

0 Kudos

> {Dipanjan Sanpui wrote:}

>This need to be activated by maintaining a switch in table SSM_CUST. Please check the description of the switch INDIR_OGR_ACTIVE there.

Hi Dipanjan,

I think you mean HR_ORG_ACTIVE, which has to be set in PRGN_CUST.

b.rgds, Bernhard

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> > {Dipanjan Sanpui wrote:}

> >This need to be activated by maintaining a switch in table SSM_CUST. Please check the description of the switch INDIR_OGR_ACTIVE there.

>

> Hi Dipanjan,

>

> I think you mean HR_ORG_ACTIVE, which has to be set in PRGN_CUST.

>

> b.rgds, Bernhard

Oops!!! Exactly... thought this one.. but given some different input. Though not in different world.

Hi raju,

Please ignore my earlier post and see the details mentioned by Bernhard here.

Regards

DIpanjan

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Raju,

the button does not turn to green, as long there are inconsistent assignements in the hr-org structure, for instance assignements of users, which have been deleted in the menatime, etc. So the structure is a good point to start.

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard,

Thanks for a good point.

As you have mentioned the reason of inconsistent assignment, some of the users have been deleted from the system. Is this the reason the button turned to red. If this is the case, what action or process needs to be followed to solve this.

Thanks & Regards,

Venkat Raju

0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

this was just an example of a possible inconsistency of the org-hierarchy..... I had some cases where such inconsistent assignements caused the button to change to red. Navigate to the hr-org screen->compare->changes to green. Navigate back to user assignements screen->button gets red again. If this is the symptom you face, let the hr-guys check the structure or do it yourself for wrong assignements.

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hi Venkataraju,

I know this is a late reply, but I ran accross this same issue after the implementation of SAP note 1416149. An easy way to clean this up is if you go into HRUSER->Preselect employess using org. assignment->execute->execute->"Employees with deleted users". From there you should be able to delimit the invalid relationships.

Hope it helps someone on this board.

Thanks,

Salim Assaf