SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FMBB Prepost vs. budget overview report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I try to prepost a budget document it is showing up in the Budget overview report (FMRP_RW_BUDGET). This is contrary to what i was expecting (I thought it will show up only after I post the document). Is this how it is supposed to work?

Thanks in advance.

R

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That report has two navigation windows on the left. In top left window, double click characteristic Workflow Status, the characteristic will appear in the lower left window. And now you can choose to look at only 'P' - Posted Budget or 'E' - Preposted Budget.

By the way, if you try to figure out what these reports are trying to show, you can check the definitions of the RW reports: GRR3 > click Library 4FM > click the report and check General Data Selection, Row definition and column definition.

Regards,

Ming

Edited by: Minghong Ji on Mar 17, 2010 5:35 PM

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello R.

If you do not want to update budget, then you can use the 'Held' feature.

Please find more info here:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/f0/ca5716260211d28a430000e829fbbd/frameset.htm]

See

Budget Control System (BCS)

BCS Budgeting

Budget Entry and Budgeting Tools

Budgeting Workbench

Processing Status of Entry Documents

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Mar

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, that's normal. You can, though, develop your own report, where you could exclude the pre-posted documents (based on status field of the budget document header).

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That report has two navigation windows on the left. In top left window, double click characteristic Workflow Status, the characteristic will appear in the lower left window. And now you can choose to look at only 'P' - Posted Budget or 'E' - Preposted Budget.

By the way, if you try to figure out what these reports are trying to show, you can check the definitions of the RW reports: GRR3 > click Library 4FM > click the report and check General Data Selection, Row definition and column definition.

Regards,

Ming

Edited by: Minghong Ji on Mar 17, 2010 5:35 PM

0 Kudos

Minghong,

Your suggestion is a good one. However, my screen variant doesnt seem to have the 'Preposted' option. I do have the 'posted' option. Secondly, when i switch between 'all' and 'posted' options, the budget numbers dont seem to change at all.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

R

0 Kudos

Here is the SAP definition of Workflow Status:

The workflow status is used to distinguish between data that has been preposted and data that has been posted.

Preposted budget data can increase or reduce the budget when it is posted and, for this reason, budget data that is preposted can have the following workflow statuses:

Earmarked

The budget will eventually be increased.

Reserved

The budget will eventually be reduced.

We do not use workflow function but we do prepost budget (managers will manually review the preposted budget and post them if approved). All our preposted documents in the line item table and total table has workflow status 'E'. Without workflow, this indicatior is the only criteria that the managers run reports to pull the documents that are waiting for their approval.

This is something similar to FI parked document. Parked document has a different indicator in FI tables regardless workflow function is on or not. But once workflow function is turned on, parked document is what initiates the workflow.

The reason your 'all' and 'Posted' are the same is becaused all your preposted documents have been posted.

Here is what you can test: in your test system, FMBB to create a prepost document (just prepost, do not post); SE16 to look at table FMBDP; pull that preposted document and see what value system assigned to Workflow Status field.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

That's right, Ming (I was looking at another field)