cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use GPA/SPA parameters in WEb Dynpros

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I'm creating the Web Dynpro application for navigation in the Portal and I need to store some values in memory between 2 application calls.

I tried to use SET/GET parameters, or ABAP memory to store the values, but it didn't work.

Can you help me where's the problem?

thanks

Juraj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check this thread

Regards

Manas Dua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried Shared Memory, but the problem is that data in shared memory are common for all users and this is not acceptable in my app.

Does anyone have experience with serverside cookies in WDA?

thanks

Juraj

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Server Cookies do work - they are basically just a database table entry. I would first consider just using a static attibute (following a singlton class pattern) of a class. They persist throughtout the user session, but dont' cross over user sessions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

I tried singleton class for storing data, but the problem is, that object is dealocated when I leave my WD app., so when I call it next time, object is created again and I have no data.

Any idea how to fix it?

thanks

Juraj

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Correct - a static attribute doesn't live beyond the lifetime of the user session. The only things that do are shared memory objects (although as stated they also cross user session - since they are shared memory at the application server level) and database entries.

Answers (0)