cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warehouse Mangement WM: problems with LL01 warehouse activity monitor

Former Member

Hello,

We use SAP WM, but over the years nobody concerned about the system. The users posted or posted not in WM, it doen`t care somebody. But now is the time to repair the WM!

I think we have repaired most of the processes, so that in the future the processes will work better than the last 8 years. Now we will do automatic transport orders by posting in MM. And we are going to find a responsible person to monitor the transaction LL01, the warehouse activity monitor. This should solve the problems if we have cleaned the inconsistences in LL01. Or do you have an other solution?

In the past it worked as follows:

There were no automatically transport orders, so the users had to change transport requirement (LB10) into transport orders with transaction LT06.

Often there was the problem, that this process hasn`t been executed by the users. The result was the following:

58 Unconfirmed Transfer Orders

7935 Open transfer requirements

2079 Open posting change notices

4 Critical deliveries

4792 Negative stocks

4773 Interim storage stock, without movement

0 Critical stocks for production supply

Can you help me what to do with the Inconsistencies? I think in the future the problems will not occure, but what to do with the

older Inconsistencies? How to get MM and WM on the same values? How to delete or balance the negative stocks?

I hope anybody can help me!

Thanks so far.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Kevin,

We have just completed a similar exercise for one of our customers.

I think usually there are two separate paths here.corrective action and root cause, apologies if this is stating the obvious but as soon as you sort the problems out in WM unless you deal with the root cause the cycle of issues will start again.

1. The first action is to make sure that the warehouse activity monitor is configured correctly and is selecting all of the relevant instances.

2. Then sample, break down and investigate the problems in the monitor, usually you will be able to group them logically into types of problem .

3. Find a generic solution for each group and then you can use a transaction like LT10 or the filter , select and process in LL01 to clear the problem by confirming or deleting en mass.

4. Identify the root cause of the problem, process configuration, data, user training ..etc prioritise the problems and address the route cause.

5. Execute a physical inventory and WM/IM check after you have corrected the documents to confirm stock accuracy

6. Put in place a measurement plan to ensure the warehouse operations are keeping on top of exception management, the warehouse activity monitor is an excellent tool for this

You will find that often changing the configuration will allow you to control the process in such a way that these problem can be prevented from occurring. Creating TO's automatically by movement type, automated issue and receipt on confirmation negative stock control are all good places to start.

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I support James comments.

Regards,

Prashant

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use LL01 to close all open transfer requirements, cancel open transfer orders.

double click on the line for open transfer requirements or transfer orders, in the next screen follow the meny GOTO > cancel TO etc.

Unfortunately the posting change notices need to be dealt with manually. If you wish, you can do this by LSMW of LU02.

For clearing IM-WM differences (or the negative stocks), use LX23.

Perform a Physical count of the warehouse to update all stock figures.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Please use LU02 transaction to close all the posting changes statuses to completed.

And use LT01 transaction to manually post the positive quant into the negative quant. to remove the negative stocks

Kind regards,

Ramana

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think Lu02 is just for Posting Chge Numbers,isn`t it?

Do you think I have to post by hand for each material in lt01 to get the same data as in MM?

What do I have to use for FROM-TYP and the FROM-STOR.BIN? I don`t know if thats the right way...

Kind regards,

Kevin