cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intellisense and code completion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

this is maybe not WDA question, but I think all WDA developers have to deal with this problem and I want to know your opinions. The problem is something like intellisense and code completion in abap editor. I'm coming from .NET and Visual Studio world, where this features are implemented and they are very very useful.

Now when I'm programming something in SE80 I type some_class_instance-> and I want to from editor to show me all methods with description, then I choose some method and editor fill in all method parameters. Now I have to memorize methods and parameters or search for them, which cost a lot of time.

Example: http://www.fileguru.com/images/b/editor_net_development_microsoft_net-8526.gif

Best regards Jiri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your wish is granted by SAP

From NW release 7.02 you will have code completion and intellisense incorporated in the same way as it is in .Net IDE.

Regards

Manas Dua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks for your answer,

is there any presentation (video) with this new features?

Many thanks Jiri

Former Member
thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>From NW release 7.02 you will have code completion and intellisense incorporated in the same way as it is in .Net IDE.

Just don't call it intellisense. Microsoft "owns" that terminology.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also came from .Net world, and this was my first observation about coding in ABAP.

Ohh..Code Completion is not there and you have to write the whole code yourselves :).

But to be frank coding has become lot more easier with new feature of Code Completion, it also saves a lot of time.

Regards

Manas Dua

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

many thanks for your answers!